web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Howdy all,

This is my first post on this forum, and I am real glad to have found it.

I'm a telecom tech in california servicing a customer with an old trillium panther 612 ksu. He has had me in to re-program the unit a few times and he finally has figured out that a backup battery would maybe save him some money. So I've been looking around for the correct battery... The 612 manual calls out a TRI 24/2.5B from Alpha Technologies. Alpha Technologies doesn't show much of this kind of thing on their website. I'm sure their is a suitable replacement available. I thought of getting a couple of 12v 5a security alarm batteries from Radio Shack and just wiring them in series. But... I'm not sure of the Panther's charging cycle on the backup batteries. The Panther manual doesn't go into detail on this either. I just don't want to install something that is going to explode in this guy's office!! https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/icons/icon12.gif

I'm hoping some of you old hands have crossed this bridge before and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Allen

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Why not just put a generic computer Battery Backup from Staples or Office Depot on the power supply line? Any decent capacity one should be able to keep that system running for hours.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I agree with Paul. No need to get too fancy about the requirements of the 612. It's basically a lightbulb. APC, MinuteMan, are easy to get. Any low end battery backups would be fine. I wouldn't spend any more than $125-130. I would think that you might even get a decent one for under $100.00. Good Luck.

And while your at it replace the system battery or Capasitor that holds up the programming during a power outage. I haven't seen a trillium in years and can't tell you where it is on the CPU but someone here probably can.
mark

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
You can buy one here

https://www.sandman.com/pdf/Page78.pdf

it is a 2032 3 volt lithium with leads.

If you can get a look at the battery beforehand try here https://www.mouser.com/catalog/617/1129.pdf it is probably fig L or K

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited February 27, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited February 27, 2004).]

OP Offline
Ok. Good stuff. Thanks everybody for the help. I had already considered the UPS idea and I think we will actually do that, but I thought that I might also try to find the actual back-up battery in case the guy ever moves his business. Interestingly, I can't seem to locate any back-up capacitor or battery on the system. At least the manual doesn't make any mention of this. I've worked on Merlins and Partners and some Vodavi stuff and they all seem to have a small battery to keep the programming intact. The Panther manual reads as if this external 24v battery is the only option provided by the factory for this. It is a bit older and a more basic system than the others. (The switches on this really are loud and clacky compared to the others.) So I thought I would try to find the actual battery or a reasonable facsimile. Anybody have a battery cross-reference for the TR24/2.5b?

thanks again,

Allen

I have typically been using cordless phone batteries for all hardwire battery applications. Just cut the connector off and solder the leads straight to the board. NEVER had a problem. Added bonus. much longer life. just make sure it's 3v and will fit where you need it

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 135 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024