web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We've got an old Trillium TalkTo 308 KSU here and trying to test the system. When we plug it in and follow the manual the system comes up and the system status light blinks as it should but none of the phones come up.

It doesn't matter which station port we try they're all unresponsive, any solutions or tips?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't know if you're an installer or not, so I might be pointing out the obvious here. Are you using two pairs for the phones?

Honestly there are a lot of simple things that could be done wrong. Can you describe how things are connected?

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
If I remember correctly--the line cords for the stations, or the pairs had to be "flipped". Make sure you are following the wiring diagrams precisely.

I think you do remember correctly JWRacedog. I had typed out something to that effect, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly. Been a while since I've done anything with a TalkTo.

jr, you know how when you look at both ends of a line cord, they're opposites? The line cords that came with the TalkTo sets are identical on both ends. So you either need to make new line cords or as Racedog says, flip the jumpers.

BTW jr, it would be great if you could add some details to your profile.

OP Offline
Thanks for the advice guys, I totally blanked on the fact that I couldn't use the straight-through cords. I'll give it a shot today and see what happens.

P.S. Clinton what sort of details are you looking for in my profile? I have no problem filling in some more information.

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I like to see the occupation there. (I see you have that now...not sure if it was there before and I just missed it). It's helpful to know if you're dealing with an installer or an end user when answering questions. A link to your company's website is always nice too. Basically, what kind of work do you do and where do you do it.

anyone have any more info on 308's?

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Originally posted by TheRealAndyCook:
anyone have any more info on 308's?
well this is almost a 6 year old thread , you would have been better off starting a new one and asking a question

what specific "info "are you looking for ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I found a unit for sale locally and was thinking about grabbing it for a 100$ learning experience - I've never worked with one before.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 136 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024