Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Vabjvb Offline OP
OP Offline
I cannot dial out. Incoming calls work. When I select a line and pickup receiver I get a dial tone (after awhile operater gives me the recorded message -if you would like to place a call, etc) So the line is good but pushing the number buttons does not seem to registering inside the phone to make an outside call. It was never programmed for(9)to get an outside line-- all you had to do was pick up receiver and choose one of the empty lines to call out on and proceed to to dial.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I'm not familiar with Macrotel, but google search results show it appears to be related to Vodavi. You may want to post the question in the Vodavi forum.

General questions: Does your company have someone on staff who maintains the telephone system? Does your company have a contract with a vendor to maintain the system?

I Love FEATURE 00
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Is this just one 1 phone or all the phones acting like this? and have you tried to dial 9 (getting another dial tone) then dial out?

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Access your line--get dial tone---then dial an outside number like you normally would. Don't worry about not hearing the tones everytime you push a digit. See if you get connected...then report back with your findings.

There was a program that silenced the tones when you dialed an outside number--default may have be NO TONES.

Because this system is so old (early nineties) the memory battery is probably shot. Any disruption in AC power is sending the system back to default settings--maybe.

Ahh ... the MacroTel MT16. The 816? It is essentially a Samsung (at the time 'STC' not really Samsung) Prostar 816 programming-wise and circuitry. A clone except I think they made the phone incompatible between systems.

A common problem with both systems is that the onboard 3v battery on the motherboard eventually dies and upon the slightest power hiccup you lose all the programming.

If you can't find someone to work on the Macrotel, call a Samsung 816 guy and they can figure it out.

Also, it is possibly to get a 3v lithium battery, solder some ends on it and connect/replace it to the motherboard so when power goes out again you won't be stuck over and over ...

Better yet, call a local Samsung dealer and have them quote a 7100 replacement. The Macrotel is from '88-'92.

For sure---brings back memories. We sold a bunch of those little guys. An inexpensive system with a boatload of features. Looked pretty good, too. People really loved those display sets!

Downfall was no voicemail. We tried several times to put voicemails on the s/l ports (7&8)--but nothing worked very well. When the Partners and Nortel 616s came out with their integrated VMS--that was it for sales of the Macrotel.

But those people who didn't need to upgrade or needed VM----they just kept them forever, but I haven't seen one in the field for 3 or 4 years.

Vabjvb Offline OP
OP Offline
It is old-system installed in 1996 by Phone Store (they maintained until couple years ago when they went out of business) We are small business (3 people). Try to dial out and just hear dial tone. Acts like pushing the buttons doesn't have any effect on it.
All of the phones act the same. dialing 9 first doesn't help either.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Should have asked where the techs were going, hindsight being what it is. Unless the tech was the owner and retired. frown But, I agree with the general opinion, time for a new (at least to you) system. I'd suggest a Partner ACS, there will be parts and service for them for AT LEAST 10 years, probably 15-20! Processor and 3 18D's would be more reasonable than you think! But, there are a bunch of other brands that are suitable, as well. Most of all, find someone who will be around tomorrow, supporting what they install for you today. Missouri is a pretty big state, you might narrow the area a little, so the MO guys can decide whether you are in their area. Or, click the "Installers" link at the top of the page and see what you can find. By the way, I'm retired, and I worked mostly on Mitel, so I have no interest in whether or not you buy a Partner, it just seemed to be a pretty reliable system. So did a lot of others. smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Vabjvb Offline OP
OP Offline
My user guide says MT-16T and the Display on my phone says Welcome MT16H when I powered the system off and back on again. When I push digits they show up in display but outgoing call doesn't happen.

Your co lines probably defaulted (dial pulse)
DP.

Your incoming lines are probably MF or touch tone.

Memory lose or power glitch could have caused this.

The OEM for this system was STC later SAMSUNG.

You will need a tech, sorry.

-TJ-
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,173 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024