Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#224557 07/08/09 02:01 AM
OP Offline
Hey all -

They recently replaced the phone system at work with a Fonality system. I'm not sure of the model, will post back later with it. I can say it uses a dell server if that helps any.

Anyway, there's a problem walking the voice mail tree. It rarely recognizes options chosen by the caller.

At first we thought it was a problem limited to calling from cell phones, specifically it didn't seem to like Verizon, while calling from an iPhone seemed to work OK. But more testing reveals the issue also presents itself when calling from U-Verse VoIP. I don't think we've yet tested from a POTS line using a standard SLT.

Here's what their tech support has to say about it so far:

It seems this problem is limited to just cell phone calls as I haven't been able to reproduce this on my T1 line. I've increased the RX gain level on your analog card from 0 to 1dB. This may help the system in detecting dtmf key presses. Please give it a try on your cell phones now. If it's better, we can continue to increase this gain 1 dB at a time.

You can do this as well from:
1. log onto cp.fonality.com
2. go to: options->echo

We tried bumping the gain all the way up to 20 db with no improvement.

Anyone have any suggestions on other settings that might make it's ability to recognize DTMF tones a bit less picky?

Thanks
Matt

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#224558 07/08/09 04:03 AM
OP Offline
I think we may have figured it out. There's an admin panel where you can change DTMF settings, following which you need to restart the system.

Selecting restart from the admin panel doesn't appear to restart anything. So we rebooted the server (after upping the gain), and things seem to work OK now.

Thanks -
Matt

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024