web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ok. Inside the VM hard drive there is a batch file 'set_lang.bat'. when I run this batch, a menu to install languages appears. It shows global spanish, Us english and canadian french. The Us is marked with an asterisk meaning is currently installed. but when I select the spanish to install, a message says 'the maximum number of languages are reached'. If I try selecting again Us english and the only choices are reinstall/escape.

If the three language pompt folders are there, then they are intended to be installed only one time, or is like having to buy something to allow the language change?

Regards?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ports 34,35,36 all need station numbers assigned to them.
33=150
34=151
35=152
36=153

in 4-15 make 150 roll to 151, then 151 to 152, 152 to 153, 153 to 150

never really installed another language. you might have to remove the french to install the spanish. or it might take a keycode to unlock it. i'm thinking it needs the code to unlock it to use. you can (if you really, really, really must have spanish) re-record all system prompts but note there is NO WAY TO RECOVER THE ENGLISH UNLESS YOU SEND BACK TO NEC!!! and you will be stuck with the 1 language set. it would be VERY time consuming to do this! plus you'd need someone with a nice voice to do all the recordings. this is done inside the vm using cosessions.

I got a image file of the VM hard drive. I put the image in another HD with a 486 pc.

Then, I discover that my way to reinstall the language is deleting the \Prompt folder in the \Vmail directory :P

When I run the set_lang again, it shows no languages installed and then brings me the choice to install one of the 3 available. then the language installs and the folders \OGG, \prompt and some others are recreated...

I did this as test with the 3 languages and only one at time can be installed, US, ES or FR.

Of course, I haven't tried this in the VMS system..

Well, I set today the 4-15 and also setup 2 boxes to test. It works ok.

Well, I have setup the boxes. I was a little confused for the language, but now understand transaction boxes. I have made some for englis-spanish selections, greetings and I have someone's nice voice over here...

User are leaving messages each other, now the next step is to enable the VMS to get all the incoming calls.

Thanks for All your support :-)

auto attendant can be done 2 ways

1>4-1/2 day/night ring the lines to the vm pilot port (and only the pilot port if you have the hunting setup right it will go the the next port)

2>the better way. dit the lines to the vm. don't have my manual handy to verify the program. on the elite it is 3-42/43 i think. it will be in 3-XX

My first try was with 4-1/4-2. I choose CO8 to ring the first VM port (200). Also I removed CO8 form the operators to prevent them answering my 'tests'.

Then I call to CO8 using another line. The VMS answer, play prompt, but when I hang, in the CoSessions I can still look that the prompts are playing. After about 1 minute, VM hangs and all ports show 'Ans', 'Ans', 'Ans', 'A/D'. But then it looks that VM plays again the Prompts like if someone had calling CO8, and if I call to that line looks busy.

This seems like VM is not detecting when I hang, or that VM call the line back again to continue playing the prompts..?

Weired thing??

I also tried DIT, but looks the same...

Well, I try again some minutes ago. I discover that if the VM sucesfully transfer the call, simply left the callers talk each other and free the VM port. But if user didn't choose any option, it continues advancing withe the transaction boxes.. maybe my transaction boxes are not well configured and are cycling, should some way that the VM release the incoming line when user hangs. Let me try..

sounds like your boxes aren't set up quite right.

what's in the $greeting box??

I have created $LANG and $SPA boxes.

In the EasyMadeApp, in line 11 I'd set $LANG for both day & night.

The $LANG contains a "For english press 1, para español marque 2" prompt. In the OneKeyDialing I'd put 1:$GREETING 2:$SPA
For english I'm using the default $greeting. for spanish I use the $SPA box. the default action is hangup. No transfer options (Day=no, Night=no, also i removed the A).

For the $SPA, there is a prompt recorded in spanish explaining to type the extension, or 0 for opeartor. Default action is hangup. No transfer options (Day=no, Night=no, also i removed the A).

For the $GREETING, the settings are as defaulted, I only change de Action to hangup.

In the operator box transfer are yes for d/n and point to 100.

The suscribers boxes are set to Transfer= yes -->X, I removed the AD in the transfers options.

In $greeting, $Spa and operator I had to set default action as hangup because this is the only way until now i stop the VM to continue walking to the messages if I hangup at the first opening box...

say you call and hear "for spanish press xx..." and you decide to hangup. Is supossed the vms should detect a terminated call and hangup also? mine not do this, it continue seizing the line and executing the default actions, so that's because i decided to default it to hangup.

Even worse, if the default action is operator, even when the caller hangup at the first opening box, the VM walks until it found a operator's default action and still transfers the call, and rings and rings x100 no matter how many rings I set up (4)in the oparator box. And when operator answers hears nothing and is when finally the VM releases the line, because the another party is not on line anymore.

In other side, the VM is transfering the callers to the right extensions, but if the station is not answered the number of rings, then the VM return to the $LANG opening box. I deal with this and found that removing the A at transfer options in suscriber's boxes fixed this. Now when a transfer is made and if not answered, the suscriber mailbox takes the message. Of course, all suscribers default action was to TakeMsg and the extensions where set with Fnc43 to allow Call forward to x200 (vmail).

Yesterday, I leave CO8 for the VM. I call form home to the company, VM answers me, I type 125 and system transfers me. i leave a message, then hangup. I make another call to another xtension. VM answer me, I type 128 and the system try to transfer me.. after the rings, it get me again to the opening box instead of allowing me to leave a message. I try again that extension and then finally I can leave the message.

Looks like sucess is not always at first try..

Maybe there is some settings I have not completed at the KTS yet? or in the switch integration screen?

Thanks (painhead) :P

I did a change in the transfer options for a suscriber.

I had not located the 'below transfer? field' to 'Await-Ans / Wait Ring / Release'..

Was until I switch the screen as color that I noticed that field can be selected :s

I changed x125 susriber from 'Await Answer' to 'Release' and looks this way the box always take the message..

I will call from home to test if this really works..

'till tomorrow. =)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024