web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#225814 05/26/04 03:18 AM
OP Offline
This phone system seems older than me, but because I'm the computer tech, they gave me the huge manual to this phone system and said good luck. I haven't had any training or previous experience with phone systems at all, so please be gental. Anyhow, I have found instructions to do alot of things on it, but I'm having a lot of trouble with a few extentions after we had a long power outage. SBC sent a tech out to re-program the system, but he got it working in a default setup, quite different than what it was before the power problems. Anyhow, I can't seem to figure out how to change the music on hold to something different, or hook up a radio for it. If that's not possible, I'll just disable it. I also have a few extentions that instead of ringing for internal calls, it does a voice page. It does ring for external calls though. Anyhow, if anyone is a expert on this thing and could help me a little or point me to an online resource I could do searches of because my manual has seen better days. Thanks for the help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well as far as the programming goes, if you had a power failure and lost your programming then its a sure bet that the memory backup battery is DEAD! (Those little 3.6V NiCAds were only meant to last 5-7 years!)

Any programming you do will just be lost again the next time you have a power failure.

Changing the battery on the CPU card is not an easy task unless you are able to work on a component level.

I suggest you find an NEC dealer in your area or another Tech. that is capable of doing this.

As far as the Music on hold issue is concerned the TSW card has two switches on it, one switch selects internal/external music source and the other selects the two internally generated music tones.

For the stations that some ring or some that voice announce this is set per station in Memory blocks 1-D-3

It sounds as though the memory may be corrupted as all stations are default at Voice announce.

When the battery is changed out make sure you do a first initilazation at least twice to clear the RAM and load the default data.

DJ

[This message has been edited by Tipandring (edited May 26, 2004).]

OP Offline
Ok, I found the instructions to change the ring setting on page 300-34. The SBC tech must have set all the used extentions to ring. All I did was go offline, pressed F1, F9, F13 and then Press L1-L3 on my DtermII and it changed the setting. The 1-D-3 thing helped me find it in the manual. Thanks!

You said that I can set it up for an external source, but I don't see anywhere on to plug in the source. Am I looking for a 1/8" jack or what?

On the battery thing, we bought a 30minute UPS for the system to plug into. So far, it has probably saved us alot of trouble with our brownouts and stuff, but yeah, I saw where the battery is and I could probably replace it, but I'm hoping the state replaces the system instead. Thanks again for the help!

The music on hold input is the bottom RCA-Phono Jack on the TSW card.

And there is a slide switch on the TSW card that selects IN/Out for Internal or External Music on Hold.

DJ

OP Offline
Ok, I forgot to come back and post but the music thing worked great. We have a radio hooked up now and it works well. I listen to it through the speaker phone now also. Anyhow, The only other problem I have now is that I can't seem to find where to tell the NEC system that we only have 3 extentions for voicemail. We use ext. 134, 135, and 136 fo voicemail and 137 is a standard phone in a file room. The problem is the NEC sends voicemail calls to 137 if 134-136 are in use. I want a busy signal to happen. I took 137 off the hook and that seems to fix the problem, but I would prefer to fix it and have that phone back in working order again. Thanks for the help again!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024