web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jescott Offline OP
OP Offline
Our North Carolina program is using an Electra Elite 192 phone system. They recently terminated the Office Manager who was one of the 2 administrative accounts on the voicemail system. The Office administrator is flagged as a phone system administrator so we should be able to use her account to reset the Office manager's password so that it can be updated with the interim office managers information.

The problem that I have is I only have the "multiline Telephone User Guide", "Attendent User Guide", and the "Voice mail user guide" and I have been unable to find the steps necessary to get into the voicemail administration system to perform the updates. I have attempted to register at the NEC website to hopefully get some documentation but it says it can take up to 3 days to get an account. As an end user I am not sure I will qualify for it even then.

Does anyone have some type of administrative FAQ documentation available? I am more of a computer guy than a phone guy, so if additional information is required please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The problem you are going to have even with the Docs is that you will need to know the passcode that the old admin used. You may want to get with him/her and have them tell you.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
jescott Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately it was not an amiable departure so even if I were to be able to get a hold of her, it is doubtful that she would provide any information that would be helpful.

Would it not be possible to use an administrative account to reset the password of a second administrative account? I am hoping to be able to use the current Office Administrator's account to reset the Office Manager's password so that the Interim Office Manager can set up the mailbox with her name, messages etc. And then when she leaves, she can give the message to the permanent BOM to setup the mailbox.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Well it isn't her system and she should provide the info, get your lawyer to call her. If that fails you may want to get with one of the Nec moderators to work with you off line, there may be a charge but if they can get you in, it would be well worth it. With her having the password you are at risk that she may log in and mess up your VMS.
I would think that if she was doing the admin there should be some docs that she was using unless she took them as well in which case that would be theft.

What mail are you using?

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited September 08, 2004).]

jescott Offline OP
OP Offline
The user guide I have lists it as Elitemail FMS/VMS digital voice mail.

It would be cheaper to pay for a support call then to hire a lawyer to call her for her password. The company that setup the phone system did not leave the administrative guide with the program. Being in Dallas and the system in North Carolina I was unaware of this until after the fact and they are no longer in business.

I could see about getting approval to place the support call, and I do not think it would be hard to get approval, but I was really hoping to be able to keep basic administration such as this in house. If we have to outsource mailbox modification we would be looking at pretty hefty expense that I think we could easily do in house if we just had a basic guide.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
What I mean by getting help is that once one of the mods gets you into the voice mail, you would take over the admin and be in control.
Whats your email? I have a few docs I can shoot you.

jescott Offline OP
OP Offline
I am sending you an email right now. Thanks for your assitance it is greatly appreciated.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You got mail

jescott Offline OP
OP Offline
Those documents are perfect! Thank you very much for them.

Is it possible you could send those same documents to me.

I am in the exact same senario, our past Admin was terminated and I have no way to even check messages on many of our phones.

Thanks for any help.

Jim Byrge
NCFA

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024