web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sbrown Offline OP
OP Offline
I am a data guy and have never even touched any type of phone system before. I am currently setting up the network for one of my customers and he aquired a NEC DX7NA-48 Key System that he would like to use in his office. He has ordered 3 voice lines from SBC and 2 dedicated fax lines.

First question: Is this something I should leave to experienced installers only, or would this setup be fairly straight forward?

Second question: How can I aquire an installation manual for this system? I guess the person he got the NEC from "lost" the manual somewhere down the line.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Remember, I am/have been strictly a data communications tech and NOT a voice communications tech, but I do learn very quickly.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

No offense, but I think someone experienced would be your best bet.

First off, since it is a previously owned system you need to default it. Secondly, if they want ANYTHING customized i.e. phones ringing, day/night modes, you'll have to program it and NEC is not the easiest system to program. to save some $ you can always install it on the wall and punch down the cables but as for the programming, spend the 100 - 200 and have it done worryfree.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
sbrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. If it is difficult to program, I will definately get someone else to program it.

What about mounting/punching down, etc? Is that pretty straight forward? Is there a standard. I am very good with Networking standards, punching down at patch panels, etc, but have never done this on a phone system.

sounds like you have a ds2000 4 slot ksu. But even though this is about the easiest system to install. With no experience seems like it would be easier and less time for you to hire a tech.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,090 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024