Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ms183 Offline OP
OP Offline
Can comeone help me with some NEC 2000 IPX/IPS MOC terminal or DMTF commands?

I want to do the equivlent of the #4 direct forward to another extension, when the extension picks up I need it to dial another 5 digit extension.

It would be nice if this was something I could cancel with the *4 on my normal phone.

Any help? I don't have access to the manuals at this time, any digital or online NEC 2000 MOC command reference material would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you mean call forward or hot line?

ms183 Offline OP
OP Offline
I think call forward.

I found this but I don't understand it:

https://www.ptct.com/transfer/callforward.png

[This message has been edited by ms183 (edited March 26, 2005).]

ms183 Offline OP
OP Offline
here's some more background:

I can already forward using my desk phone. I do something like:

*4 (listen for studder tone) 7123

to forward my extension to 7123.

I cancel the normal forwading with #4 (I think...)

what I want is to be able to to do something like:

*4 (listen for studder tone) 7123 (somthing for a pause or wait until answer) 6123

basically I want it to forward to 7123 and when 7123 picks up send DMTF for 6123.

Any ideas? I'm looking for anything I can enter on my phone or through MOC terminal.

[This message has been edited by ms183 (edited March 27, 2005).]

I can't think of any way this could be done but I am also struggling to understand why you would want to. Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve?

ms183 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Asterisk PBX acting as a voice over IP gateway (currently only 1 port, more to come if I get this working.)

The Asterisk PBX is connected to extension 7843.

My desk is normally extension 7815.

I want to be able to forward my phone to 7843 and when 7843 picks up I want 7815 automatically entered so the call goes to the software phone extension configured on my laptop.

I can do the blind forward to 7843 by doing *4 7843 on my extension, all calls would ring at ext 7843. But since I want to add several ports to the VoIP gateway in the future I need to pass the extension to the VoIP gateway so it knows which VoIP phone to ring.

If I manually dail 7843 and enter 7815 when it answers my VoIP phone rings. I want that to happen when I dial 7815 and am forwarded to 7843. It is almost like transferring to vmail, I want to send the extension as an argument.

You have just answered your question yourself. If your extn number is the same in your asterisk pbx then all you need to do is set up a number of gateway extensions and treat them exactly the way you would a voicemail extension (eg create an acd group with them all in). You then set these gateway extensions as vms extensions in Cmd 1310 (you may also have to check 410 de 44,48 and 49. and cmd 5000). The idea of a vms extension is that when it connects it tells the voicemail which extension it has come from using dtmf tones. Now I've never tried this but it should just be the extension number that comes through and so you effectively dial your own extn number into the asterisk Pbx without any need for the user to do any fancy dialling of feature codes.

I have only dabbled with Asterisk in the past so I don't know all it's capabilities but wouldn't it be better to look into tie lining them together as that would give you the ability to transfer the calls back and forth.

1310 is the key the station that you are Forwarding to must have 1310 set to a 0.
Also 08>443>1 this will allow anything that forwarded to it to pass those digits to the destination.

------------------
Hot Rod

Hot Rod
Hang on it's just occured to me to ask what kind of circuit are you using to access the Asterisk system as this post implies an extension to extension connection and that could cause damage to your equipment. Does Asterisk have analogue indial cards?

ms183 Offline OP
OP Offline
My test Asterisk system has a single analog port PCI modem in it. The modem is the Digium Wildcard X100P that is recommended for Asterisk ($12 ebay).

https://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=wildcard_x100p

I've been using the card to make and answer calls through the PBX for a few weeks.

Is there a risk using this on the analog ports of the PBX? We've been using normal data and fax modems through the PBX for years, hopefully this is no different.

If there is no risk with the modem and you want to play with VoIP within a short period of time I recommend playing with the Asterisk at Home CD and XLite:

https://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net

https://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=products&smenu=download

I was making VoIP calls through my PBX within a few hours.

I did some googling for "tie lining asterisk pbx" but didn't find anything. If anyone sees more info about this I'd like to read more about the possibility.

For now though if I bought two more Digium cards as additional PBX to VoIP paths(exts 7843,7844, and 7845) I would want to:

1) create an ACD group and put 7843,7844, and 7845 in it.

2) using cmd 1310 set 7843,7844, and 7845 to 0.

so now when calls are forwarded to the lead extension of the Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) group it would go to the first avail extension and send the DMTF tone of where it came from when the extension picks up.

what are the

410 de 44,48 and 49
cmd 5000
and
08>443>1

used for?

Thank you for all of your help.

MS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 80 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024