web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have two phones (VTech-5.8) which are connected thru Time Warner along with Roadrunner Wireless and Cable. Neither one of the phones are working - just keep getting busy signals when I pick up the phone to dial out. I have checked all plugs and connections and everything is fine. On the modem, Telephone 1 & 2 lights keep flashing. I also checked the phone connections - everything fine & also rebotted the computer. Still not working. HELP!!!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Restart your cable modem or call Time Warner to see if they are having issues.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Are they really "Busy" or is it a "Fast Busy" signal as in "You've Got Mail"?

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
TO: Rather be fishing - how can i call Time Warner when the phones don't work? I can't dial out or receive calls.

To: MooreTel - it is a busy signal - NOT a "you've got mail".

HELP!!!!!

OP Offline
TO: Rather be fishing - I did restart my modem - lights are still flashing on it and phones are inoperative - busy signal is all I am getting when I pick up the receiver.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
If your cable internet access is working, look at your most recent bill and e-mail them! (Look for a 'live chat' option) Oh, and NOW you know why I've got Time Warner Cable TV and TWC High speed computer service. BUT, I kept my Embarq dial tone. REAL phone companies have an up time above 99%, Cable 'phone companies' are only about 96%. You just got caught in the 3% that'll 'never happen to me'. And the phone company still has dial tone after the ac power has been out for a few hours, unlike the cable company. But, the salesperson forgot to mention that, huh. frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Admin
Admin
You can file a trouble ticket online with Time Warner. You could also call with a cell phone. If you have restarted your cable modem and it still isn't working you have exhausted %99.9 of the enduser troubleshooting.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I only live about 1/2 mile from Time Warner's Office. I'm going to pay them a visit tomorrow morning and let them know how disgusted I am with their "service"!!!! Thanks for all your advice.

If the lights "are still flashing" it means you're not "in sync". Either the modem or the signal is at fault. Either way, it's THEIR problem, not your's. With your service only from TWC, you can't go on line or send emails...like RBF said, use a cell phone or pay them a visit.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
In my area, TWC does not use Phone Port #2 at all for whatever reason on residential or commercial installs. Sounds to me like the Phone Ports (since they are blinking) aren't provisioned properly.

Did you just get this service installed?
Is this problem new?
Can you get online fine? Can you load web sites okay?

If you cannot get online at all, then check the coax cable going into the cable modem and make sure it is tightly connected to the cable modem. If you still are having problems, then yes a truck roll might be necessary if they are 100% sure that the modem has been provisioned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,351 Shoretel
189,003 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (www.telcom1.net, nortelvoip), 121 guests, and 406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024