Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#233293 03/01/07 11:08 AM
dans Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok here goes.

Customer has the NEC IPK II. Customer uses 2 faxes for out bound only, they are analog stations 118 and 119. When they go off hook the system gives them the 1st available line, no problems with this setup since the system install last summer. As of Friday 2/23/07 when a fax is sent, 8 out of 10 times you hear error from the CO this is not a working numer. Now if I dial the same number on the same trunk using the Dterm phones the calls goes threw everytime. Connected the fax straight to the pots line by-passing the IPK the faxes go threw everytime. OK now you say its the phone system, but get this, with the fax machine back on the system I connected our digi grabber to the dmarc and sent a fax, you can hear dial tone over the digi grabbers speaker when the fax goes off hook and see the exact digits dialed on the digi grabber with no other digits.

Couple of notes.
I called my cell phone using my butt set and I was able to hook switch the call and get a second dial tone, once I have the second dial tone I am not able to dial anyone. The Provider (Century Tele) says all lines are pots with no features.

Again the digi grabber does show the exact number dialed and nothing else

OK start banging your heads

Dan S

We get old too soon, smart too late
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#233294 03/01/07 01:02 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Dan:

Are we talking about manually-dialed calls from the fax machines or those stored in speed dialing locations? It could be something as simple as just inserting a pause before the phone number entered to allow the system time to grab a line and for the CO to be ready to receive digits.

I don't know much about this system, but is LCR being used for the analog stations? Sometimes, LCR needs to be set up to include the insertion of a pause in the outward dialing digit manipulation.

This is another wild guess: The 5ESS office DOES have about a half-second delay when going off-hook before it's ready to receive digits. Do you know if the CO switch has been changed-out recently by CenturyTel OR if the customer has changed local providers?

A digit grabber is prepared to receive digits immediately when the device goes off-hook, so that may be giving you a false reading as to what the CO switch is actually receiving.

Grasping at straws, but I figured a couple of things to ponder might muster up some input.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#233295 03/01/07 01:24 PM
yup i think ed's right i had same problems before though with a different system, Aspila Topaz. All i needed was to insert a pause before dialing out the digits. In case you have problems with inbound fax you have to adjust a program at 81-01-09 to accomodate your trunks.

#233296 03/01/07 03:00 PM
dans Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes pause has been tried.
LCR is not used.
Customer has not change providers
All numbers are manually dialed.
The work around for now is the customer pushing the off hook button, dialing the number, wait for the other fax to answer and than push start.

The more I think of it the more I feel the problem is in the IPK II.

We stumped NEC NTAC, their suggestions.
1. remove SLI card in programming and than re-slot it. This did not clear up the problem.

Switch out the SLI, upgrade software, have not done these two yet.
And last switch out the CPU.

Keep asking the questions. It does help to shed light on the subject.

#233297 03/01/07 03:50 PM
A desperate thing but I would now default the system and reload it and see if that gets around the problem. That way it is clean..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
#233298 03/01/07 05:15 PM
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Make sure you version 2.0 or higher on the IPKII.

#233299 03/01/07 10:13 PM
Other troubleshooting steps:

Swap the SLI card with another one. Does the problem follow the card or remain at the station? Does the problem go away as if by voodoo?

Are all amphenol cables tightly connected, with the little strap to hold them in place? (yes, I have found that to be a cause of GSW (general system weirdness) in Elites - see also "bad installation practices").

Program up an identical station on the same card. Same problem?

Examine the COS, if assigned, and review any relevant options. Try creating and assigning a new COS, with only those options that you specifically need on the fax machines.

Program a mailbox in voicemail to notify one of the numbers that does not work from the fax. Call the mailbox, leave a message, and watch in CoSessions for the outdial string when the notification is sent. Does the call go through? Is the string correct?

#233300 03/02/07 02:08 AM
I've encountered a similar problem but on the Multiline terminals.. When i dial a number it would go error or worse it directs to different number.. though we're pretty sure the dialed numbers are sent out correctly. What i did was replace the terminal with a different one and rebooted the system.. seems simple enough but maybe you could try this out. it worked for me..

#233301 03/02/07 03:53 AM
dans Offline OP
OP Offline
Looks like everyone thinks the trouble is with the IPK II.

One of the reasons I was thinking it could be the providers problem is we have had issues with them the first couple of months after the install.
One of the problems, out of the blue they stopped sending ringning voltage, they sent one of their techs out and of course said it was the PBX. It wasn't. And there has been other issues that I'm not going into

#233302 03/02/07 05:29 AM
One thing you might check is the loop current at the analog port on the IPK II side.

I have had problems in the past with the loop current being too high and causing tone distortion problems. Putting a 100 ohm resistor in series with the line may help.

Also look at 15-03-03 set it to special ( even though tis is supposed to be for DTMF dial thru from internal digital sets).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 126 guests, and 369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024