Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
liquus Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a NEC DTU-16D phone with SP034 V4.01 and am trying to setup a headset with it. I understand that I have to program the headset button. I was wondering if you could guide me through setting it up?

I don't know anything about these phones as I am an IT guy but since phone some how is connected to "anything that has power connected to it", it is my job to figure this out. If someone can tell me step by step what buttons to press that would be much appreciated.

Or perhaps you can point me to the right direction?

Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you talking about NEC-2000? Nobody would give you that kind of help in this forum. You have to call qualified technician to program buttons on any NEC phones. Program is to complicated to walk you through.

I believe this would be for an Electra Elite? However, Vad is correct in that what you would like to do requires revealing passwords and entering system mode. (I believe! I'm not an Elite programmer.) My suggestion is to (1) see if anyone else chimes in that may be able to assist you, or (2) contact an experienced tech that can service your system, and/or train you in some basics.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

liquus Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok. I guess that'll what I'll do.. Thank you for all your help.

Why wouldn't we help with a 2000 (IVS or IPS)?

If you still want help feel free to ask!

liquus
Try to do the following:
on that phone,identify its number, and the button you want to use for headset mode.suppose you want to use key no 13 which is the first key in the forth row.SEE BELOW
Next you have to enter to the cat mode "programming mode", here is how:
(Deleted as programing access and passwords are not allowed in public forums)

press redial>> you will get Command , enter the Command 9000 then RECAL ,a new line will appear, enter the phone number,then (,) you get it by keying trf key , enter 01 for key no 1 on the phone then the RECAL button you will get the data that is set for that key , if it is not set you will get NONE...to proceed to other key just press speaker key, every time you press sSPeaker key you will see the key NO count icrease by 1 ..keep pressing the SP key utill you see:
your tel number, 13>> NONE then key F1090 then CONF key you will get OK ...that is all
How do you get the F ?? here is the key arrangment four raws eah with 4 buttons (O= Key loaction)

K01 O K02 O K03 O K04 O
K05 O K06 O K07 O K08 O
K09 O K10 O K11 O K12 O
K13 O K14 O K15 O K16 O

Wish you good luck

Lee
I should have said that to start we need to know the system type not the phone type. Recently here the posts have been about key systems but some of us PABX people still visit from time to time. If the following key sequence on a digital display phone gets you the "CAT MODE" prompt then you are on a pabx. With the handset down press *************** (Please do not post passwords or programming access codes in a public forum)

If that works then press "LNR/SPD" or if you don't have that the "REDIAL" key this should give the "COMMAND" prompt dial 03 "RECALL" 7 "RECALL". if you get "CODE NOT USED" then we stand a chance. If not you need a password and you will need to get it from a tech. To get out of programming mode just lift the handset and put it back down.

If you get "CODE NOT USED" getback to us and we will direct you further.

Lee

Beat me to it!.....

But I hope there is no password set!

ummm.. if it's on a electra elite or an elite it's quite simple.. enter programming by.. dialing "****" on the first digital phone to enter programming.. you should know which telephone port your going to program the key.. example it's telephone port 01.. go to MB 4-12 then pick which key to program.. L01 and so on.. then scroll through the line keys until the display shows HDSET or any similar abreviation.. then press "transfer button". There you go.. i know it's pretty confusing but im assuming you have basic knowledge of how to program and Elite 48 or 192, if not then i suggest you get help from experienced techs. Hope this helps

[Edited for system password. Please do not post this information in the open forum.
Keighlar]

Hey Guys... I thought we did programming access methods in PMs?

Not complaining, just checking...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,324 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024