web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am trying to find out if a SPE-U10 will enable me to reset a PRT ETU remotely. We have a PRT that about 1-2 times per month will stop responding (you get a fast busy when trying to get an outside line). We haven't been able to track down the problem. Resetting either the PRT or the CPU will correct the problem.

Also, does the SPE-U10 ETU come with dedicated software for entering IP address, etc. or does the ETU use DHCP to set the address? I have latest SAT which doesn't seem to provide the capability for setting SPE IP address.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The SPE card provides the path for the SAT software to connect to. Using the SAT software you can reset the System. The SPE card uses a Web interface to configure IP info, along with a pc installed ap to connect to items such as voicemail and ACD. If you are only wanting to work on the system with SAT you do not need to install the SPE software.

Sounds like a PRI layer2 problem. I would start by changing out the PRI card. Had several problems like that here over the past two years and it has been a card issue..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
Thanks. I just purchased a space PRT ETU. I will give that a shot to see if it fixes the problem. Is it worth sending in the suspect PRT card to NEC for repair or should I just scrap it?

If it's out of a IPK1 system then yes but not knowing what the repair costs are like in the US I would not like to comment. Down in my part of the world it is worth repairing..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
ILE Offline
Two things I have run into with this problem....

Cabinet is too hot (no ventilation)

and

I once had to back the PRT out of programming and reinstall (no probs since)

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024