Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Vz configured the Loop Supervision and we're in business. :thumb:

Thank you all.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Thanks for the update. Imagine all of the hours that were spent on this oversight on their part. We could fill volumes on this very issue. Then, imagine the money wasted in the process. We may need to inquire as to available space in the Library of Congress.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I have had this problem on many of my systems and finally got fed up. I went and bought a cheep, used o'scope so I could watch the signals. If far-end-disconnect was not comming in I would notify the carrier and let the customer know that it was not a problem with his system. If Ihad to make repeat site visits to a site I would let the customr know that I had to bill them. I would also let the carrier know that the customer expected to be reimbursed for this as it not a problem with the customers equipment. It has also had the effect of having some customers switch to a more responsive carrier. Saving 5 bucks a line a month is not a lot of savings if a business is losing customers because their phone lines are not working right.

It seems that everybody is trying to get in on the dial tone business. We have a local cable company
that can not seem to provide line hunting, loop supervision or most of the features that a phone line should have.

I ran into this with another customer. The AT&T tech told me first that they didn't have this problem with the old system (a legend). I countered that we had installed two other systems for this customer and none of the others were having this problem as well as our experiences with our office. He explained that this city was on an older switch (something like a DMX10). In the end, a vendor meet was planned. It turned out that a "wink" needed to be assigned to the lines. I will say that the tech was pleasant enough to work with once I explained everything.

Also to his credit, the AT&T tech referred us a new customer! :thumb:

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,160 Shoretel
188,991 CTX100 install
187,378 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 113 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024