web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
At my aunt's travel agency, Only 2 of the dtu 16 display phones ring (ext 100 and 101). 102-107 do not ring but work fine.

I had already tried turning up the ring volume and making sure DND was not set before finding this forum.

How do I get into program mode to change these settings? So far I've searched around on these forums and tried the ****** or ****** way but the screen just says ERROR. (I'm trying on the ext.) Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shirley

[Edited by Keighlar for passwords. Please do not post passwords in the open forums.]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have a suggestion for you.... You need a technician to work on it for you. System sounds like it is set to default settings. Please do yourself a favor, and pay a certified tech to do it or you will probably wish you had.

My .02

Scott.

Mods please edit post for passwords PLEASE!!!!

Scott.

First Please Edit your post to remove access to prgramming.

You need to program from extension 100 or 101 Then check LK 4-01 and 4-02 for each extension

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
OP Offline
apologies to everyone, I did not know that I could not post access to programming as I found it in another thread on this message board.

These phones are from before my aunt took over the business so there are no manuals, no contact info from the original technician, nothing.

I guess there lies the issue, I have no access to check out 4-01 and 4-02. For so simple of a problem, we have to go to a technician, seems like such a waste since many have a minimum charge.*shrugs shoulders*

thanks anyway.

shirleyl,

Maybe coming here for FREE advice shows you,and others, how by coming here forces those of us who do technical work for a living must charge for minimum. I suppose you go to a dealer when your car has a problem and they just give out the answers to questions so you can go home and fix it yourself. ALLN1 gave you the answer, but it shows me that you don't understand enough to work on the system, and SHOULD contact a certified tech.

Scott.

Shirley,

A few weeks back I spend 5 hours cleaning up programming a IT guy messed up by doing what he thought was simple programming. Most lilely if the customer would have called us or any other certified tech the job would have taken 1 to 1.5 hours. This is what we run into many times a year. People think there is nothing to phone work.
The advice myself Scott and many others on this site in one way or another don't spend a dollar to save a dime.

Dan S

We get old too soon, smart too late

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 125 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024