web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer where we just installed a DSX version 2.11 Pro. Install went swimmingly and they like the system. The big problem is the lack of cascading notification. I've spoken to NEC Sales and I'm told that this is in the works - with a target date of somewhere near year's-end for implementation.

The problem I'm having is that the customer does not want to wait for the feature to be available; they need it now or the system goes back. We've lost several sales to other systems that provide this functionality, which is a shame because the DSX really is feature-rich for its price point.

With all that aside... does anyone have a work-around that they have put into place to approximate cascading notification? I have already tried setting simultaneous notification to a cell phone and email to an SMS address. I've played with Distribution lists. I've entertained setting up an extension to external call forward, but none of that really does what they want.

I have a final option of putting their old Panasonic voicemail on the system as an analog extension and letting it control the cascading notification, but this would only be a temporary fix until the feature is released, and the customer really does not want to maintain 2 voicemail systems.

I apologize for the length of this post, but does anyone have a tidier way of doing this?

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Bump. I'm going to try to hook this up with the Panasonic KXTVA50 as an analog extension on Friday if no other ideas are forthcoming.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Nothing comes to mind.

OP Offline
I was afraid of that. :bang:

Thanks for the attempt!

-- Jimi Hendrix

Stacey,

I don't have a Intra mail here to test on, do you know if it can automatically copy messages to other mailboxes?

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Unfortunately, I don't have one to test on either. frown I don't know if you can automatically leave a message for a distribution group. It looks like you can only get there manually through your own VM box.

I can send a message notification to a cell phone, pager or email. I don't know if I can trick the system into notifying another on site phone.

-- Jimi Hendrix

Stacey,

I'm not sure if this would help this customer, but you can send the message to multiple users two ways.

1) If their email or SMS address is short enough, you can put more than one in the subscriber email field (program 2146) by separating them with a ",".

2) You can use a service like Simple Lists (www.simplelists.com). You send the message to an email address they provide and they forward it to multiple email adresses that you set up.

Hope this helps.

OP Offline
Thanks for the information, but we had gone over those option with him. The cascading effect was what he wanted. Period. Not simultaneous calls.

After struggling with the NEC and Panasonic to get them to play nice, we finally were able to get a temporary solution up and running. My NEC sales rep says that the cascading notification feature is scheduled for release around year's end, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that things run smoothly until then.

-- Jimi Hendrix

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,090 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024