web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a Series 700 Electra Pro 120 LVL2 with over 30 ETW-16DC phones. What would make a phone call from an outside caller go straight to voice mail? I would like the phone to ring at least a couple times.

I have tried to turn on and off all the delivery options because one of our little user pamphlets mentions that may cause a voice mail to immediately pick up.

We had a NEC technician out one time and he pressed a couple of buttons and it was fixed.

If you can help me with my first post, I would be glad to post all the issues I am having with this NEC system. THANK YOU!

Wheel is turning and it won't slow down.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

When you say the call comes in and goes directly to voice mail..... are you refering to the system's auto attendant (e.g., "thank you for calling ABC company, if you know your party's extension......") or are you refering to calls immediately going to a personal mailbox (e.g., Mary's mailbox at extension 107)?

Many systems are programmed with a "Night mode" key, when pressed.. sends callers directly to vm auto attendant. Look at the diplay on the phone, is there a black box icon just to the left of the time? If so, the system is in night mode. You can turn that off by pressing [FNC], dial 80, press [FNC] at station 100 or 101.

If your lines are programmed to where they are direct terminated to a Call Arrival key (aka Secondary Incoming Extension), that key may be call-forwarded-all-calls to voice mail. To undo this, we will need to know what the Call Arrival key extension is.

If it's a case of Mary having a direct line to her phone, and the call goes directly to her personal mailbox, you can cancel a station's call-forward-all-calls to voice mail, by pressing [Speaker], then dialing 42, press [speaker].

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
If calls are being immediately routed to someone's personal voicemail, you may also want to check whether "transfer" options are available for the mailbox. If "transfer to extension" is turned off in a personal mailbox, calls routed via the auto attendant will immediately route to the person's mailbox, rather than ringing their phone first. If "transfer to extension" is turned on in a personal mailbox, calls routed via the auto attendant will ring the phone and forward to voicemail after the specified number of rings.

Try FNC,69,FNC At that extension. That will cancel Call Forward All Calls & Do Not Disturb.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
OP Offline
Originally posted by eriway:
When you say the call comes in and goes directly to voice mail..... are you refering to the system's auto attendant (e.g., "thank you for calling ABC company, if you know your party's extension......")
Yes, when a caller calls in and hears the auto-attendant and then dials an extension their call is routed directly to voicemail -- without ringing the phone.

Most of our extensions will allow the phone to ring, but there are a couple or more phones that send the caller straight to voicemail.

So far, I've tried the FNC 42, FNC 80, and FNC 69 on the phones that have this problem, but the caller still goes straight to voicemail.

Are there any other solutions you can think of?

OP Offline
Originally posted by Eriway Too:
If calls are being immediately routed to someone's personal voicemail, you may also want to check whether "transfer" options are available for the mailbox.
I listened to the options in the voice mail setup, but didn't hear any settings for the user to make their calls go straight to voicemail. The only settings I think that may be close are when the phone system ask for a users' home phone, cell phone, pager, ect. The user is able to program the phones to forward the incoming calls to another phone number.

OP Offline
Originally posted by ITIS Man:
Originally posted by Eriway Too:
[b] If calls are being immediately routed to someone's personal voicemail, you may also want to check whether "transfer" options are available for the mailbox.
I listened to the options in the voice mail setup, but didn't hear any settings for the user to make their calls go straight to voicemail. The only settings I think that may be close are when the phone system ask for a users' home phone, cell phone, pager, ect. The user is able to program the phones to forward the incoming calls to another phone number. [/b]
My mistake.. there is a transfer option in the voicemail setup. When I turned the transfer option on the phone rings and rings, but never goes to voice mail. So, I can either have no voice mail messages or voice mail messages that go straight to the voice mail box from the auto-attendent recording.

Does this information help any?

Now that you have the calls transferring to the phones, all you would have to do is go to each phone Press Speaker and Dial 43 and the voicemail extension number. In of my systems it would be Speaker 43 300 Speaker, just change the 300 to your voicemail extension.

OP Offline
Originally posted by smoom:
Now that you have the calls transferring to the phones, all you would have to do is go to each phone Press Speaker and Dial 43 and the voicemail extension number. In of my systems it would be Speaker 43 300 Speaker, just change the 300 to your voicemail extension.
Ok, I pressed SPKR then pressed 43 and my LED screen reads FWD BNA --> [ ]. I put my extention in the brackets and the result is ERROR.. beep, beep, beep, beep, etc.

Did you enter the ext. number of your phone, or the voicemail pilot number?

Scott.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,148 Shoretel
188,991 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 126 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024