web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I was wondering if anybody can help me figure out a slight snag I have hit in my NEC Elitemail VMS. For the last six months my company has operated under this voicemail system and it has worked just fine, up until last week or so, when the voicemail just decided to stop working. It as though the server does not recognize the voicemail. I tried to give a reset and I tried calling the tech lines, but they told me that they had to send somebody out to take a look at it.

The main problem is that when we try to call voicemail it does not answer. It is as though we did not set up the voicemail to begin with, but when we try to set it up it just keeps ringing and ringing. We have set up the voicemail before, and had everything set up, but it seems as though all our work is gone.

Before I take the plunge and call a professional to come out and charge me an arm and a leg, is there any other troubleshooting technique's you would try? Anything at all?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

look for a green light on the front of the card. if there are no green lights on it the card may be hosed. If there is a green light than the card should be good. You could try shutting down the vm card and removing it from the system than reinstall it and power it on. you may have lost system programming though

I agree, sounds as though you need to reset the VMS card.

On the front of the card, towards the top is a very small black up/down switch. Slide the switch down and wait for 30 seconds. Pull up on the white plastic tab at the top of the card to pop the card loose from the backplane and remove power from the card. Slide the card back in by pushing firmly at the top/bottom of the card with both thumbs. Once the card is back in and you see red lights on the front slide the black switch back up. You should see the HDD light towards the bottom of the card start to flicker as the card re-boots. Wait 1-5 minutes for the card to boot up. The BCLR light towards the top of the card should turn green.

D

OP Offline
Thank you for your advice. The only problem is I don't see a single green light in the card ports. Our phone system is functioning fine, minus the problems we have been having with the VM.

Elitemail Vm is a card in the system, typically in the last slot (far right) of the first cabinet and has a yellow or orange tag attached.

Do you have this VM or an external vm?

D

I would power off the phone system, wait 1 minute, re-seat the Elitmail card, then power on the phone system. If the Elitemail fails to boot-up, or, you do get a green led on the Elitemail card & it still does not answer, you will have to get your NEC vendor to come out.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
OP Offline
Looks like the voicemail is f'ed and I called out the technician. If it ends up costing an arm and a leg to fix this thing, are their any other voicemail systems I could install that would work with the NEC phone system?

I used to install Aleen. Works grate but required a Single Line Card. Another VM is Computer based Repartee which is expensive as well as Elitemail. If your VMS has an old HD it can be reinitialized by certified knowledgeable tech. but if HD is a Flash type you have to replace it.

OP Offline
An update and new question about my VMS. I called out the Nextcom representative to come and take a look at our companies VMS and he told us that the HD had crashed. After fixing it and getting it back from Nextcom I installed the VMS and now we are able to get to the Voicemail but it just keeps asking for the extension I want to use, and when I enter the extension it says that "can not hear your call", when i try to connect to an operator, it says "all operators are busy now".

Nextcom was saying that it would be complicated and that most people end up calling out a representative to come set up the Voicemail but is there any way somebody can help in this process. I have all the entry codes, but basically what we want to do is just set up the Voicemail with a simple greeting and directory. If anyone can help with any direction or response it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like they replaced the HDD, but didn't program any database in it.

This would likely take a certified tech 2-3 hours.

D

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 208 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024