web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Is Daylight Savings Time something I can change on an Electra Elite 48? I am pretty sure you need a laptop with cable and software, but the lady in my office told me to find out first before we call our phone guy to come fix it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Here Are instructions on time change.

OP Offline
Thanks. I know how to do what you said and the time does show up on the phones themselves. I changed the time yesterday morning (Monday) around 10:30am (11:30am on phone).

So, even though I set the phone time for some reason our phone system shut down at 4:30 yesterday (it's supposed to shut down at 5:30pm).

I recall a tech coming here once to fix other issues and he saw that daylight savings time was not set right for 2007 because a new law was in effect, so he fixed it from back there.

That is what led me to believe I had to change something back there also.

I will wait until 4:30pm today and see what happens.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
It sounds like the voice mail is on a schedule and the voice mail time is off. I am not too familiar with the voice mails on the elite so hopefully someone else will chime in otherwise you may have to call your vendor.

Changing the time in the voice mail is typically done by the system administrator..... most often station 100. Changing the time can be found in the Elite Mail System Manager's handbook:

From station 100, access voice mail,
the display should indicate softkey features... look for SYSMGR (you may have to press MORE first to see this).

Press the SYSMGR softkey, then press SCHED. The system should announce something like, "..the clock is set to ______, would you like to change it?". Press 1 for yes. Enter the new time.

Stop there. It will continue to ask about changing schedule ranges. You don't need to do this.

If your system automatically goes into a day/night mode without the use of a "night mode" button, then it is probably set up for Automatic Day/Night Mode switching. This is a feature that is programmed into your system by your technician. The user cannot make changes without knowledge of system programming.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
OP Offline
Last time our tech was out he made my phone System Manager, which is 106. That's how I set my phone time, by going into SCHED.

We do have a schedule set from 8:30-5:30 mon-fri.

I will see what happens today at 4:30pm.

I'm actually looking to see how we can change our display to the Pacific time due to the time change. Any way of helping me out?

Rebecca
OP Offline
The link ttech posted above is what I use to change my time.

If you are not a system administrator you must do this from extension 100 or 101. You dial FEATURE 9 # and enter the time. FEATURE will save your settings.

We have an old Electra Elite 48 with DTU16D phones we use this on.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,765 Shoretel
187,581 CTX100 install
186,327 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 96 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024