web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#239175 12/01/08 03:47 AM
eriway Offline OP
OP Offline
I inherited a customer this past week who has the NEC Pro II with ACE. They lost power and I had to replace the the CPU battery and reprogram from scratch. I cannot seem to get the ACD to work.

There is a MIF card installed, my programming is as follows:

1-8-25: Agent01,GP1,Sta122
1-12-00 Group01 Pilot = 220
4-12 Line key 9 = LOG
7-3-03 MIF ACD=1
I also have programmed one CAR assignement as 220

When I activate the LOG On key, and place a call to 220, it does not ring the phone.

Any suggestions?

Additionally,they have been using the ElectraStat-ACD/MIS software on a computer. I cannot find any reference as to how to make it start collecting data.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#239176 12/01/08 10:44 AM
Try it with a trunk call. I cannot remember if the ACD pilot on the PRO II was like the Elite & IPK whereas you could not just call the pilot.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
#239177 12/02/08 07:09 AM
eriway Offline OP
OP Offline
I have tried it with a station call to the ACD pilot, that doesn't work. I DIT'd a trunk to the ACD pilot, that didn't work.

I deleted the CAR assignment for the ACD pilot extension, and tried a trunk call, .... didn't work. When I dial the number which is pointed to the ACD pilot #, I hear ringing.... but the logged on agent's phone does not ring.

I have verified that the station (agent) within the group is LOGGED ON....... still doesn't work.

I have also tried assigning the MIF card as UCD in 7-03 and follow the same programming for UCD group and agents.... still no good.

....A-R-G-H-H-H-H-H...

#239178 12/03/08 01:47 AM
Do not program a CAR key with the same number as your ACD pilot. Hmmm...basic programming to make an ACD phone ring, it should work. Do you have the Elite or IPK I manuals? The programming is the same on all three products for this MIF-A based ACD.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
#239179 12/03/08 03:31 AM
eriway Offline OP
OP Offline
I removed the CAR assignment for the ACD pilot number. I can hear the ringing audible when I dial the DIT'd trunk, but the phone will not ring (phone is in LOG ON mode).

I'm guessing .... when the customer lost power and I replaced the battery and reprogrammed the system, I had trouble with the CPU. It would reboot itself about every 4 minutes. I replaced the CPU (ver 6.5) which corrected the reboot problem. I'm wondering if the MIF card may have been affected adversely by the power outage.

I have the PRO II manual,and Elite Manuals. I have gone over everything that is obvious and some things that may not be so obvious.

I generally find when I think about it too hard I get nowhere. I'm hoping it's something simple that I'm just not seeing.

#239180 12/03/08 07:30 AM
I am inclined to think that maybe the system sustained some more damage from the power surge. If you have anymore spare parts, perhaps another MIF-A card?

Remember, this PRO II is old now, perhaps this is an opertunity to propose an upgrade?

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
#239181 12/05/08 03:53 AM
eriway Offline OP
OP Offline
Update:

I took out another (old) MIF-A card, but just for kicks, I unseated the original card and reslotted it. Now it works..... sort of.

Additional background: Calls come in to the voice mail auto attendant, where a greeting is played, then the caller is transferred out of the voice mail to ACD group 1. This works ok. Group 1 attendant transfers the callers to either group 2 or group 3.

If a call goes to a group where there are three agents, agents 1 and 2 are on the phone, and agent 3 decided to leave her desk, but did not put her phone in "break" mode, the call rings, then the call "recalls" back to the voice mail auto attandant where it cycles back to the receptionist at group 1.

I believe the call should stay in the queue of the proper group, then ring the next phone when it becomes available.

One additional item. Before the power outage, the receptionist had a button on her DSS console for one-touch transfer to either ACD group. Since the ACD pilots are not CAR key assignments, nor Tel assignments, I cannot figure out how the button was assigned to the console.

Any thoughts?

#239182 12/05/08 09:21 AM
If a call goes to a group where there are three agents, agents 1 and 2 are on the phone, and agent 3 decided to leave her desk, but did not put her phone in "break" mode, the call rings, then the call "recalls" back to the voice mail auto attandant where it cycles back to the receptionist at group 1.

I would set up an overflow destination for this one.

One additional item. Before the power outage, the receptionist had a button on her DSS console for one-touch transfer to either ACD group. Since the ACD pilots are not CAR key assignments, nor Tel assignments, I cannot figure out how the button was assigned to the console.

For this one I would try assigning a car & set FWD All to the ACD pilot.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
#239183 12/05/08 12:08 PM
eriway Offline OP
OP Offline
.."For this one I would try assigning a car & set FWD All to the ACD pilot."

That is so obvious!! I should have thought of that. I guess when I got so consumed with the nightmare..... 32 phones, DSS, ACD, VM, and 48 incoming lines of which 28 were private lines.....

I sincerely appreciate your feed back !!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 124 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024