web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
loweyj Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I have a NEC dtu-8d-2(BK) phone here and it is driving me crazy as of late.

It default's itself to DND/NOT-IN. I hit feature-69-feature to cancel it and a while later it has reset itself again. We are missing many calls because the phone will not ring when in DND.

Can anyone help with this ?

Thanks,

Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
Demarc....... welcome to the BB. I just bumped this up so someone will notice it. Good luck and don't let your cake fall..... laugh

Ken
---------
KLD Offline
Here we go again.......BUMP

Ken
---------
Okay, I always get the phone models mixed here.

This is a black eight-button, sounds like a series E, but does it say "Dterm" at the top, or does it just say "NEC?"

What's probably happening is that one of the users is accidentally typing a feature access code for DND.

Another possibility is that you may have a key set as a DND button. Pressing the button, even by accident, will make it glow red, meaning that DND is set.

What kind of phone system is this connected to? IS it an Elite, an IVS/IVS2/IPS, IPX, etc. ... Somewhere in the building there's a big box on the wall (or if it's an IPX on the floor) and if you can describe it, including color, we might be able to tell you how to make this problem go away for good.

loweyj Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your reply's.

The phone has NEC on the top of it. If by 8 buttons your are referring to the features buttons, then yes... 8 of them... hold, trans, answer, speaker, redial, conf, recall and feature.

There are also 8 buttons for call, call, park, park retrieve, voicemail, nightmode, page and station2.

On the top under the LCD display there are 6 buttons... exit, sys, sta., up, down and help.

I have no idea what it is connected to or if it is an Elite or one of the others you mentioned. Unfortunately, the office people have gone home for the week-end, so I will have to research your other questions next week.

I do know that my manual says 'Elite Limited VMS, if that helps.

Thanks again,

Jim

If the display is showing DND/NOT-IN, then the user has activated "Customized Message". Try canceling it with [Feature] 79 [Feature]. This will cancel the message. You may have to follow that up with the [Feature] 69 [Feature] to cancel the DND part.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
loweyj Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks eriway,

So far so good... seems to be working

Appreciate it !!!

Jim

For future reference, that would be an Elite.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 77 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024