web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
He needs 2 pole single throw- you have to disconnect both tip and ring. Those are just three single pole single throw switches on a single yoke. I would have to look for the part number but the 2 pole version would normally be used for a 220 volt circuit since you have to switch both sides.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Actually Hal, I can get away with single pole switches. There's no concern for causing an imbalance on the T/R since that would occur only when the switch is off, so who cares?

I agree that it isn't likely that a triple switch will allow for three separate feeds, but I'll have to check them out further.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed, remember the old Despard switches where you could put three individual switches in one housing?
These are the replacement for that...the only thing is that it only has one neutral.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Dang, that brings back memories, Ed. I installed inmate systems for most of tha State of Va. Many nights I sat up soldering leads on toggle switches and drilling wall plates.Back in those days that was hi- tech enough.That was back in the 90s when MCI took over inmate systems.Boy oh Boy, working in those places was a blast.

There's no concern for causing an imbalance on the T/R since that would occur only when the switch is off, so who cares?

Yup, as long as these are dedicated CO lines for each phone.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Originally posted by gelehu:
Dang, that brings back memories, Ed. I installed inmate systems for most of tha State of Va. Many nights I sat up soldering leads on toggle switches and drilling wall plates.Back in those days that was hi- tech enough.That was back in the 90s when MCI took over inmate systems.Boy oh Boy, working in those places was a blast.
This one is at the Stafford Diversion Center (formerly known as the Stafford Detention Center). The name of the place was changed to make it more P.C. as the surrounding residential growth demanded that it sound "prettier" that a prison was just down the road. I'll bet it is exactly one of the sites you mention.

Oh and yes, these places are still just as much fun. I have about a dozen of them to deal with throughout the state, but their money is green so I endure.......

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Pass & Seymour has a nice quad one
Here 4 single pole switches. Tamper resistant is available.

I dont recall doing that one, think there were about 50 locations throughout the state, kinda became a blur after a while.Our first was at Greenville where the chair(Old Sparky) is.The inmates found out before hand that the state was making money off their calls and they had limitations on who and how many calls they could make.None too happy inmates,scary situation. Im just kept repeating " Im just a contractor" but we finally had to lock ourselves in a mechanical room till they got everyone locked up in cells.
I also put regulsr phone systems in 10 prisons,
mostly Richmond and West.Every phone mans dream, put one in Goochland at the Womens prison.

OP Offline
We have that womens prison now (Pocahontas). We replaced their Comdial about ten years ago. That place is far from a "dream" in my book!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed, I called my supplier and you guys are right. It's one hot wire coming in and each switch has its own output. Doesn't look like it will work.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024