Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
may Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, we have an NEC Dterm 80. Does anyone know how to program all 4 lines for call forwarding to a cell phone after hours?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

May, this is going to depend on the phone SYSTEM type, not the phone type. What kind of a phone system do you have? You may find that the easiest solution is to use the *72 forwarding feature provided by your telephone company on the lines themselves.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

may Offline OP
OP Offline
hmm.. let me see if I can try to find that information out. Thank you!

may Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, i just found out we have an NEC Elite IPK system.

May, You can Use Off-site Call Fwd on the IPK System, but you won't be able to do all 4 Line's. Does the System have a Voice Mail Card?

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
If you want to forward all calls to another phone number after hours the simple way is to have your dial tone provider add call forward to the main listed number and set and cancel call forward as needed. This will actually break the hunt when call forward is set from the main listed number so that you do not have to forward each individual line.

If you want the phone system to handle call forwarding, you will need to know how to access programming. What I would do it DIT all the lines to a CAR key at night. Then the CAR key can be forwarded and the destination changed as needed.

may Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure if there is a voicemail card. I want to say yes, but maybe this will help:

I know we have 4 lines. We only give customers 1 of the phone number (the main line). When customer's call that number, if the 1st line doesn't pick up, it rolls to the other 4 numbers until it is picked up. If, by the 4 line, the call still is not answered, it goes to voicemail.

I'm not sure if that means we have a voicemail card or not. I'm sorry, I'm a little bit ignorant in this. I really appreciate everyone's help. THANK YOU!!!

may Offline OP
OP Offline
hmm. I think the phone provider call forwarding feature is the simplest way to go about forwarding all calls another number.

Is there a way to forward calls when transferring a customer to an extension that does not pick up?

May,
Unless you have the manuals and are able to access system programming, you have 2 choices here.

Contact a professional to work with you or have call forwarding added to the main line. Your dial tone provider can help you with that. When you forward the main line, calls will no longer roll through the 4 lines but all calls will forward to the destination. With the possible exception of more than one call coming in at the exact same time.

Yes, from the Phone you transfer to Press Speaker,Dial 41 + 9 + Number, Press Speaker. To Cancel, Press Speaker Dial 42, Speaker.Remember, In order for the phone to Transfer Out, It will use one of the Other Line's. So it will Tie Up two Line's at a time.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,798 Shoretel
188,962 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 139 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024