web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#240973 06/23/09 05:44 AM
OP Offline
Is installing a COIB(4) on an Electra Elite 48 to show Caller ID information hard to do?

Would I most likely need a technician to go into some settings or is it pretty much like a computer where I'd just power everything down and plug in the card?

We have 4 lines.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
How do I tell if we currently have a COIB installed?

I tried to add Caller ID feature from Verizon on our main phone #, but it didn't work. I'm going to call them now to see if it was activated or not.

Look inside your KSU, The Existing card Will be Marked. Are you Connected to the System with your Laptop? I would backup the System before Changing out Line Card's.Also, If and when you change out the card, Your line's on your system will default. All line apperance's will be Gone you'll have to reprogram the line Keys for ea. phone.
The System will Need a Little Programing to activate the CID. If your Not sure about Doing this,You might want to Consider Calling a Tech to do this for You.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
OP Offline
Thanks for the information. Yeah, that's beyond my scope of things. It's probably more than we want to spend (card is $138 + a tech to install it all), but I will present it to my Operations Manager who will make the decision.

One last question, does the card just enable to show the number calling or would it store numbers as well so we can review them?

The whole reason this came about is because we get some voice mails left after hours and we can't always make out the complete phone #.

You would need an MIF card with KMM chip for call back and Scroll. I don't have My book in front of me, but I'm not sure The Elite 48 Has the Software for that feature. It will work on the 192 and Up.

Just Looked It up, The Elite 48 Dose have that feature(according to the book). It will Store incoming caller Id's. The Tech that Install's it for you will have to put an Scroll Btn. on the Phone's you want to have CID Call Back. And you should be Good to Go.

Make sure your firmware is high enough to support CID Scrolling.

CID storage was another firmware release higher I believe.

D

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 124 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024