web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,
I am using an Adtran TA-908 to connect to a customer's NEC 2000 IVS2 with standard T1 config:
E&M Wink, B8Zs, ESF, 4 digit hand-off. We are having two problems:
1) when the customer makes a call, there is only one way audio. I can hear the customer but they can not hear me.

2) When calling the customer, the phone system seems to just answer the call with a dialtone.

The phone tech is certain that everything is configured properly and that this is working equipment
from another T1. I have had the support folks at Adtran working on this and they are also certain
that everything is configured properly. They were able to get a sample of a call from the Adtran and
they could hear my voice so they believe that my part of the conversation is leaving the Adtran towards
the phone system. As far as the other problem goes, they believe that the phone system is just providing
dialtone instead of answering the call.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What happens if you take the adtran out and connect directly to the smart-jack provided by the Telco? Do you get two-way Audio?

If so, the Adtran is the problem. What are you using it for? As a CSU/DSU, or are you splitting off channels for data?

If you are splitting off channels for data, make sure that data goes on the UPPER channels i.e. 1-23 and voice on the lower. Channel 24 provides the D-circuit for PRI/ISDN, so if this is more than just a vanilla T-1, you must have channel 24 out of the data-channel block.

Sounds like your CIC's are off.

CM 3007

Did you start with CIC 000 (not 001)?

EDIT: here's a link to a cheat sheet for PRI on IVS2: https://www.2000stuff.com/CheatSheats/isdnpriivs2_ips.pdf

D

OP Offline
Thanks for your advice. Now, this is just a straight T1, not PRI. Does your response still apply?

OP Offline
I relayed this info to the phone tech and he was clear that CICs relate to PRI only. Does he know what he is talking about?

Yes, CIC's don't relate to a vanilla T1. Also, trunk 24 does not need to be a D-channel on a vanilla T-1.

Here's a cheat sheet that might help. If it solves the problem, drop the owner of this website an email thank-you note:
https://www.2000stuff.com/CheatSheats/Cheat%20Sheets.htm

It still sounds like the adtran is the problem. Remove the adtran and see if the problem clears.

Sorry, I was assuming this was PRI.

sounds as though the Adtran has issues.

D

OP Offline
Hi, Problem solved!

It seems that the T1 card wasn't seated properly. It looked as if it was intentionally pulled out at some point and it was just resting in the slot with barly enough contact to power the card up. The card was reseated and all problems went away. Thanks for your help!

That would do it. That can also damage cards, so be alert for future issues.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,080 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 206 guests, and 216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024