web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Legion Offline OP
OP Offline
First of all I want to say hi to the board.

Here is my disaster. I installed a Aspire S phone system for my wife's work. I got everything setup and everything was working perfectly. I am not a pro at installing these pbx boxes but I know enough to get by. The phone system has been working for two years and I left the industry about a year ago. My wife called me today and tells me there voice mail and caller ID is not working. They are using the aspire S intramail. The caller ID option is on and its still not working.

For the intramial the company has 12 lines. lines 1-11 do not need voice mail. Line 12 is there voice mail line for nurses to make report. This is the voice mail that is not working.

When I hit the voice mail button witch is function as 77 in skin VM I get a busy line. All the phones are doing this. This is my first problem.

The second problem is i`m taking 301 as my admin phone. How do I get into the master mail box? I think I remember how to do it on my wifes phone my the damn VM key keeps give me a busy signal.

More questions to follow if this gets answer lol..

Thanks for the help in advance.

Greg

P.S everything else is working perfectly just the Intramail and caller ID

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Power cycle the the phone system to see if it is locked up. Your intramail card may have died. Try calling your vm master number such as 700. Then try calling each vm extension port and let us know what is happening. The caller id is most likely not working because your not receiving signal from the telco.

Legion Offline OP
OP Offline
I will recycle the phone system when everyone leaves. its a pretty big nursing office so everyone is always on the phone or trying to call in. As for calling the master vm I `ve tried 400 and 700.. Both with busy signals. Basically what i`m doing is hitting speaker and then dialing the 400 or 700. It comes up as Voice mail but says busy and I hear the beep beep sound. I thought there was another way to get into the master voice mail but the through away all my instructions I left... Go figure.

Thanks for the quick reply btw

try calling extensions 342, 343, 344, 345 a lot of times those are set up as the extensions into vm. But, it sounds like the card in intramail has died. Find out from the company that you got it from if you have a 5 year warranty and see if it is still covered.

As Crisco 3 says above the intramail Compact Flash has probably been corrupted and the Vmail Ports will lock up. The only thing on the CF card is the generic prompts and the user recordings/messages.

The Caller-ID issue could be telco or if the flash rom on the mother board is glitched a reset should clear it.

If your lucky a power down and restart may help.

If not the Compact Flash can be reformatted and the prompts put back on.

If you are a dealer, you have access to the program to do this, if not PM some of the mods on here and they may help you.

We always put a UPS on our systems to keep quick power interruptions from corrupting the Flash Rams and CF cards.

DJ

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,300 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 150 guests, and 130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024