web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#245804 01/20/11 05:29 PM
OP Offline
I am trying to setup an external transfer or off premise call forward for a couple of remote sales people. These are permanent forwards and there is no desire to have a local voicemail. I am not a seasoned telecom tech, but a network tech for a small company and to this point have been able to figure things out. I am stumped on this though. I have tried to go throug hand create call routing boxes and action tables but cannot get a call that was answered internally to transfer back into an automated box to do the external transfer. A off premise call forward seems easy enough but I do not have phone stations with the extensions for these individuals to be able to enter the phone number to forward the calls. I cannot find a way to do that as the admin from an admin handset. Any insight, ideas, tricks, or just pointing out how stupid I am would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The best route would be Call Transfer from your provider of dial tone. This way it would not be a conference and not tie up lines and no volume loss,
Just program one of the 10 buttons at the top (without a light) with:
FF xxx.xxx.xxxx. You should be able to Call the person directly by selecting a line and pressing the button or transfer to them when online with outside party by just pressing the button while you are on line. After that you may hold on and screen the call or just hang up and let the cell handle the call. You can put button on all phones.
Anywhere in Dial action table you put UTRF to a sys speed bin with that in it, to cover AA calls.
It's all in the manual.

OP Offline
That won't work for us but I do see how it could work. It needs to be an unscreened transfer and not contingent on someone waiting for a person to pickup a remote phone to make the connection. Unless I am reading this wrong.

I would think there would be a way to enter the the number for off premise transfer through the SA account but I guess not. Any other ideas?

I don't understand what you want. please restate exactly how you want call to flow. This can be done in many ways.
What do you want to happen when Auto Attendant answers?
When a live person answers?
Step by step.
Can't help unless you can articulate exactly what you want done.

If the DSX does do an off premise transfer, either manually by an operator or by the auto attendant, has the phone system done its job? No phone system can make the person on the other end answer. One of 3 things will happen on the remote end. It will ring busy if the person is on another call, go to their voice mail if unanswered, or ideally, get answered. In any case, the DSX will have done its job by making the transfer.

St Petersburg
OP Offline
It sounded to me like brokeda was suggesting a screened transfer and when the destination number picked up I would be able to execute the transfer.

What I am trying to accomplish is we have an 800 number that handles call flow to different offices. When the person is not patient and just hits 0 for operator it sends them to our main office. What I would like to do is when the phone is answered by someone and the person says I want to speak to bob smith. We know he is in another office and can say hold a minute hit an extension number and transfer the call to the proper office. It does not happen often so it is okay taking up two lines to do the transfer if need be.

I thought the easy way would be to set up an extension for the people since there are only 3 right now and then do an off premise forward for that extension. However I cannot figure out hwo to enter the number to tranfer to without having a handset installed for that extension number.

The other thought I had was to do an external transfer using intramail. I setup the routing mailbox as 810, created a dial action table (2) with a few actions for the individuals and then setup speed dial bins that I associated with the numbers on the dial action table (#320P, #331P, #111P). However, when I picked up a test call and transfered it to 810 to test the dial actions the extension just rings and rings and rings. It never picks up. I am missing a step somewhere.

I would think either of these would be feasible solutions. I thoght you would be able to enter the number for the off premise forward for an extension (lets use example 331) using an SA account from an already installed handset. I cannot figure out how to do that if it is possible. If it is not possible then please let me know what I am doing wrong in my external transfer scenario.

I hope that is a better explanation. I was trying to keep it short before, but I think I was burned out from beating my head on the wall. Thanks for the support.

Forget the SA account thing.
Just use a speed dial and put on a button.Works like this: you are on line talking to a cust, Press TRANSFER, Press speed dial button, wait till you hear ring back and hang up. If you need to supervise call wait for them to answer.
If your are talking to them why involve the Intramail??? That would just be an extra step. If you have Call Transfer on your lines you put FF in front of the number and don't use the Transfer key.
Use the buttons at the top of the phone for speed dial.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,310 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024