Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mauro Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

Im fairly new to the world of pbx and Nectal but I was trying to install a simple paging speaker just to hear announcements

I purchased the Valcom 1030c paging speaker. It has a Green and Red wire for audio and black and white for the power supply. I attached the Green and Red wire to an existing Cat 5e Voip line and attached the Black and White wire to the power supply.

Now the speaker turns on but I'm still not able to hear any pages made. Is there something Im missing?

I contacted Valcom supprot and this was the reply i received

"Please verify that you connected line-level audio from an available 600 Ohm Page Port on your PBX to the Green and Red Pair of the horn (polarity is not important) and from a -24Vdc power supply you connected the -24Vdc to the White Wire and the Ground Power (+) to the Black Wire. If these connections are correct then I would recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team at (800) 825-2661 (Option 1) to troubleshoot this matter even further"

I have no idea what a 600 ohm page port looks like on a NEC SV8100 and I have no idea what type of cable i should be attaching to the Page speaker

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There is a connector on the system processor card you can connect to for paging.

But, there may need to be some programming done on the system. I suggest you contact your NEC vendor for help.

Believe it or not, you do need to program the 8100 to use external page. There is a 1/8 mini jack on the CPU blade for the output, this connects to the audio pair of the Valcom equipment. You will need a NEC vendor to assist you with this.

If you are still having troubles with this, send me a PM. I believe there is a Wizard for External Paging in WebPro. If not, I can walk you through the programming.

"existing Cat 5e Voip line "
You may need to upgrade to a Cat 6 VoIP line

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Mauro Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the response. I have talked to a nectal technician and there is some programing involved but first I have to purchase a sound wire that connects to the page port. This project has been put on hold for now since my supervisor does not quite want to spend anymore time/money on this project but I will return to this post soon as I get the go ahead.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 130 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024