Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#249674 06/18/12 08:00 AM
cjtelco Offline OP
OP Offline
We use an Electra Elite IPK with a VMP(X) U40 EliteMail add-in (CF, not HD). The CF has these markings: 750539 FM256(8) V6.71 Q51231 EliteMail VMP 700-06191.

Users reported voicemail not picking up. Upon initial inspection of the card, APP1 light was still green. I toggled the Run/Shutdown to Shutdown, waited, and reseated both the CF and card. APP1 light is now off completely (neither green nor red).

Because I saw the "drive" LED flash only a couple times during bootup, I suspected bad CF. Pulled, and inspected. VERY slow operation via card reader, but all files seemed to be in place. Bought new 4GB CF, formatted FAT with 256MB Partition (4K cluster size to match old CF). Copied over all files, tested new CF OK, and nice and speedy.

Reinserted into VMP(X) U40, crossed fingers, and nothing. smile

All LEDs light up red, LED 5 flashing per manual. However, APP1 never comes up green, and the "drive" LED still doesn't show much more than 2 or so flashes on bootup.

Any insight here? Bad board in addition to bad CF?? Visual inspection of board looks ok (i.e. no busted or bulging caps, etc...)

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
It could be the VMP board or memory. I'm not sure you can just make a copy of the flash drive & have it work.

I have tried copying to a new flash and it doesn't work,,,or didn't the few times I tried it. If I remember correctly, there are proprietary information imbedded and will not copy correctly.

cjtelco Offline OP
OP Offline
Argh DrPbx I was afraid you might say that.

I'm pretty sure I got all of the info off of the old CF (had to "view hidden files" in Windows Explorer to get the Autoexec.bat and a few others.

So I had high hopes but alas, no joy.

Looks like I'll be looking to grab a refurbed card now. Any reason to go with an LX version over the older VMP?

LX version has a nice web interface. Make sure you get a warranty of at least 6 months.

Also, if you are installing a LX in an IPK from a VMP, you must delete the card and reprogram it. For some reason the IPK doesn't like it when you replace a VMP with a LX without deleting and reprogramming the card in 7-1.

cjtelco Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah, good to know. Thanks very much for the advice!

PM Sent

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,319 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nortelvoip), 99 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024