Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

HEy Mark so if I wanted a vista machine to run my quick books would I just be totally crazy to do such a thing. THank you for posting that i am very worried about my next computer.

Somebody tell me what the hell is going on here. Does the RIAA, MPAA and Sony run this country? I am all for protecting the rights of performers and artists but this DRM crap is getting out of hand.

First they sued half of the teenagers and their parents and bullied money out of them. Then they put a trojan on their CDs and got their a** kicked for that. Now they have Microsoft and all electronics manufacturers redesigning their products around their crusade.

I was just looking at HD monitors from NEC. I see that every HDTV and monitor must be DRM complient because these Nazis are afraid someone is going to hijack their material between the computer, cable box, sat receiver or DVD player and the monitor. Basically, for copyrighted material the digital information on that HDMI cable is encoded. The source (computer, cable box, etc) encodes it and sends the key to the monitor to decode it. The monitor also must communicate back to the source.

I understand that this is already causing big problems with HDTVs that are only a year ot two old and not DRM complient. The source shuts down and you get no picture and no sound.

I say boycot the SOBs! Don't buy any new computers unless they give you XP. Let them stick Vista where it belongs- where the sun doesn't shine.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Admin
Admin
Couldn't agree more Hal.

[Linked Image]
This has been told to be the greatest product every made. BS

This product is probably one of the biggest pains that computer techs will have to face in the future.

Jules The QB software will run on vista but you must upgrade to the newest version. As stated in the website.

I personally will not upgrade to this software for quite some time. If ever. This will probably be like the Melineum edition that lasted about 1 yr. before xp was released. Melineum was one of the worst windows ever and vista will probably be joining it.

Brian

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
Amen Hal, I completely agree. I posted in another spot and said it was like Microsoft was trying to make a monopoly out of the computer business.

Kristopher
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Exactly why I am sticking with my 1997 machine with Windows 98SE as long as I can. It's not smart enough to even interact with any of that stuff. Weren't computers developed for business applications anyway? Why is it that all you can buy these days is "multimedia platforms"? They are so busy developing software to control what you CAN'T do.

I will have to resort to building my own systems soon so that I have some control over what I CAN do. An example is to be able to have a serial port or more, a parallel port and a slow modem for communicating with older phone systems.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I have to shut off McAfee on my old WIN 98 first edition box or it will take literally minutes for an application to open during which the mouse will almost stop working. I have to leave it running because it takes 10 minutes to load everything once McAfee loads.

McAfee is an example of "bloatware", it used to work great but each automatic upgrade was larger and larger and interfered with more and more.

I would like to uninstall it but its like a virus, uninstall from the control panel says it can't because it's still running and there is no apparent way to close it completely.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I think there will be pros and cons to Vista. I have a buddy who is, IMHO, one of the smartest IT guys on the planet. He recently went to Vista with a new laptop, mainly because most new machines now will start coming with Vista, and he needed to know it. So far, I have heard only a couple of minor complaints. I will be installing Vista on a new laptop drive as soon as it gets here from Dell. I will let you guys know how it goes. I am more disappointed with the way they stripped down the office versions for 2007. The basic student edition doesn't even come with Outlook.

For you guys running Win98, I can't understand why you haven't went to XP. I run several machines all with XP, and no problems. I don't think Vista will be the bust that ME was....but the jury is still out on that one.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
After reading this post I thought of Red Hat software. I thought it was a free operating system a couple of years ago but what I found today is definitely not free. Am I mistaken with the name? Is there a free OS out there that any of you know about?

I have never liked the idea of Microsoft having so much control over a computer that I OWN and it looks like they are trying to gain even more control. If I want to listen to a cd while I work it is none of MS's business.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,948 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024