web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm having trouble with the 7271c voicemail system: a tech came by and replaced the card (which went dead for God-only-knows what reason), but when the directory search * button is pressed, the greeting says "Please enter the first 3 letters of the person's FIRST name..." where it used to say "last name."

Now I wouldn't be here if I could just get the tech to come back and fix the problem, but the vendor is just being a real PITA. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Is there a way to change the greeting in box 9998 from the phone keypad? And if not, is there a way to do it with the software? (I would need to find said software in that case.)

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by tapeloop (edited July 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by tapeloop (edited June 15, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I dont think you can make that change with the Teleparameter function.

You need to login in with keylink and change a prompt name.

They have a couple of prompts that can be used. you just need to find the prompt that you want and rename it to the prompt the vmail is using.

This is done at the DOS level.

The prompts you want to change is the GT009998.GRT.

You have 3 optional prompts to change it to.
GT009998.OP1
GT009998.OP2
GT009998.OP3

these are different versions of the prompt. I suggest you copy out the GT009998.GRT before you make you changes.

The OP2 and OP3 are the different versions of the first 3 didgits of the first name.

Just make the .op2 the .grt and reboot.

[This message has been edited by BIGDOG3c (edited July 07, 2004).]

I just tried it here and bigdog is right you can't get to it through the phone using the supervisor menu.
mark

OP Offline
Thanks guys. You just saved me a few more Ibuprofen. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Is there any way I can get a copy of the Keylink software? Would I need the dongle? I already have the Keyvoice VM manual.

Send me your email address or put it in your profile and I'll send you the keylink. There is no dongle for the 7271C just the PC based systems.
mark

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 206 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024