web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
fon_guy Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone know how to fix delayed messages on a strtagy dk?
I've been working with stratagy and amanda for several years now and always get complaints about messages showing up in their mb's up to 4 days after it was left.
Iknow these systems are sensitive to the amount of disk space in use, but we're only using 16% currently.
should i upgrade software? default and start from scratch? 20 lb. sledge hammer?

have fun
RichA

"It's like the man said...never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive" Bugs Bunny
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You've got mail!

Can you forward this information to me as well ??
Thank you.

Jeff

392 Offline
Please send your fix info to me, as well. I've got an Amanda that takes as long as 4 days to deliver some messages. It's as if they're in limbo: no light or notify, box checked multiple times, other messages cycle through on time and then presto!, a message from days before. This is especially bad in this location: a medical clinic with some critical care patients. System is a 6.5 Amanda@Work 28 port system.

[This message has been edited by 392 (edited May 30, 2005).]

Yes, please either post the fix here or email it to me.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Check your email.

392 Offline
Thanks for the forwarded fix. The fix was for a DOS Strategy, rather than a Windows Amanda, though. If anyone else has suggestions on delayed Amanda@Work messages, please post them. Thanks!

I would like to know the fix also... I have the same problem with the dos Telekol vmails. Is this a DOS issue... I have also seen the same problem on other dos units..

Walter

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
392, you might have a glare problem. Try adding a W(4,T) to the front of your message lamp templates. This will make the Amanda wait for dialtone when going offhook to light the lamps in case collision occurs.

I've been working on all different systems since the early eightys and I've had this complaint on various systems using all the different O/S variations (MS-DOS, UNIX, DR-DOS, and even proprietary) Through countless hours of testing and trouble shooting we usually find pilot error to be the problem. Below are the most common reasons. Other than these, some form of disk defragmentation usually has cured the symptom.

:> The user has no password or the default password and has mistakenly logged into another mailbox with "no messages"
:> The user is looking at the phone system clock or some other independant clock and the voicemail clock is not "n-sync"
:> The user received the message from somebody in another time zone and forgot to "do the math"
:> The user "thought" he logged in at 5pm just before he/she left; although, it was friday and he or she sneaked out at 3:15 and forgot.

Remember, I said most of the time it was one of these things. It only takes a minute to run a scandisk and defrag on a DOS machine.

------------------
Tim Payson
https://www.cobotyx.com

Tim Payson
Progressive Consulting
Henniker, NH 03242
(602) 315-5194

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill" - Lao Tzu
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 122 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024