web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#255623 02/02/05 12:00 AM
TELCOM Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there anyone out there that has been able to upgrade the compact flash on the dx80 vmail. I have a customer that wants to upgtrade it to 1gb from the 64 meg card that is in it. I followed the instructions from Comdial but that was like following a bull through the woods. A quick call to Comdial tech (non)support only to reveal that they dont support upgrades on the flash cards. Kinda funny as it is in the manual and directs you to where to go. I am trying to use Norton Ghost with a Pny single compact flash reader. The Ghost doesnt see the reader when the Ghost boot disk is created to Ghost the card. Any help would be appreciated. I did try to use windows to drag and drop the files but it would not boot when put in the voicemail

[This message has been edited by TELCOM (edited February 02, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#255624 02/02/05 02:48 AM
Telcom you are correct in using the Norton Ghost. The only way to accomplish this is to buy two "Compact Flash PC Card Adapter". Mine are SanDisk brand. And you can only use these adapaters and Ghost on a non-NT operating system (Windows 98 or ME) laptop with the PC card slots. Each PC card will be assigned a drive letter as these are "removable disks" to Windows and you will be able to clone the source disk to your new flash card. I usually only use the 256K flash cards, but with 1 gig they will have room into the 23rd century. The reason you can't just copy the files from one card to another thru Windows Explorer is that the "MBR" (Master Boot Record) is not present on the new card, thus the only route is to clone the drive. I played with this for 2 days to figure it out and it almost drove me nuckin futs. Let me know if ya have questions, shoot me an e-mail.

#255625 02/14/05 12:12 PM
Check out menlomart.com. They have an IDE compact flash drive cheap. Also can be used as a backup device for dos based systems.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Memphisribs, teldata1, Toner), 99 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024