web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sritmgr Offline OP
OP Offline
I just purchased Interchange 12.0 VM to work with a Comdial FXS.

- If the mailbox number = the extension number, I can place "serial" in the "Sequence to turn on/off message-waiting lamp" fields and this works.

- If the mailbox number does not equal the extension number "serial" does not work. The expected sequence
",*3,123" does not work. The "Trace" facility displayed Line 8 [,,,*,123].

The following sequences also did not work:

,*3,X - This should NOT work because X = the mailbox number and we want to light up the extension number.
,*3,F - This should work because F = the Transfer to number. (However, it does not work.)
,*3,123 - This should work because I have hard-coded the extension number. (However, it does not work.)
*3,123 - I tried this, but it did not work.
*3123 - I tried this, but it did not work.

Also the appropriate (#3) sequences to turn off the light did not work either. I can go to any phone extension and hit the intercom and dial *3123 and the message light for extension 123 comes on. I can also hit intercom #3123 and the message light for extension 123 goes out.

Perhaps there is a serial integration option to use the Transfer to number, like "serial-F"? How can I configure Interchange to not use serial integration for the message lamp without running pbxsetup?

The reason that the mailbox number does not equal the extension is that we have many more employees than phones. We communicate with each other by our mailbox numbers. Each employee's mailbox number is the same as their employee ID. Remote employees call in to their mailbox and get their messages. The few employees in the office would like to see their message lamp when they have a message.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've never tried it so I can't comment based on experience but make sure that the VM ports COS in the phone system allow MW initiate.

Also give me the big picture, there may be another work around. What are you really trying to accomplish?

Kevin
MBM Computer System Solutions
First off please fill out your profil in detail.

I would suggest using the message delivery field to do what you need to do.

If you running serial this may be the best option.

Question:

How are they going to know which mailbox lit the message waiting light? Every time there is a light everybody will have to check their messages?

------------------
BIGDOG3c
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
disable MWL for the boxes that don't physically have phones.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
sritmgr Offline OP
OP Offline
wingnutkev: The big picture is that I want to have our employees to access the system by their employee number, not their extension. Most of our employees are not in this facility and do not have an extension. When they get a message, they get paged. For the few (less than 10) employees that are inside the facility, they do not have pagers so I want their message lamps to light.
---
BIGDOGC: I tried the message delivery field (I thought that this would work), but it did not work either.

How are they going to know which mailbox lit the message waiting light? This only affects office personnel. When their message lamp lights, it is their mailbox.

Every time there is a light everybody will have to check their messages? Not necessarily. Each time that a new message is left, the trace shows that Interchange attempts to turn the lamp on again. Office personnel can see the lamp and their could be several messages in the mailbox.
---
Z-man: This had been already done.
---
What I finally did was to turn off serial integration by changing the following line in VM.CFG from:

HOST = SM
to:
HOST = IB

Now the message lamps are working perfectly. Unfortunately, I now lose the benefits of out-of-band integration.

During PBXSetup, there is the dialog box:

Is integration required?
---
With certain systems, you can use the LCD display on your telephone to control your Mailbox and record calls.

To use these features, you must have a free serial port on your PC.

Do you want to use these features?
[Yes] [No] [Cancel setup]

[] All Mailboxes will use serial link to control Message-waiting lamps
---
"Yes" will put HOST = SM in VM.CFG. "No" will put HOST = IB. I have run PBXSetup with and without the check in the "All Mailboxes will use serial link to control Message-waiting lamps", but I have not found out any difference in VM.CFG, COMDIAL.LNK, TRANS.TXT, or VCM.CFG. What is the text file configuration that is associated with that option?

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Don't put anything in the MWL field of the mailboxes. what are the actual extension numbers of the physical phones? What are the actual numbers(range) of the employees?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
The issue here is that the vmail uses the serial link to light message waiting lights along with other things.

I can give you a string that you can put in the message delivery field to turn on message waiting lights only. I am tricking the system, its not a clean way but it works. The end user will have to use the display to clear the message light.

or

If you are willing to sacrifice caller id and a few other features that come down the serial port. You can have a tech edit a file for you that will make the information come down the analog port instead of the serial link.

This will require remote access into the unit to do.

sritmgr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z-man: The range of extensions is from 110 through 128. Some of the phones are in convenience locations and are for outgoing calls only. The range of employees are from 47 (our oldest employee) to 700. When we lose and employee we never reuse the employee number.

The MWL field is empty for most mailboxes since the employees for those boxes are out of state and get paged when they receive messages.

BIGDOG3c: I noticed in the Comdial.Lnk file, the sequences for the message-waiting indications are:
s:MWON_=[02][31][32]MXN[0d][0a][03]K
s:MWOFF=[02][31][32]MXN[0d][0a][03]K

The trace for mailbox 560 shows:

9- 1-2005 10:41:57.65 Sending next message from the SMDI_SEND_Q
9- 1-2005 10:41:57.65 SMDI send: 02 31 32 20 32 31 32 20 35 36 30 30 30 0D 0A 03 01

From the data, I can interpret part of this:

02 31 32 - The leading bytes from [02][31][32]
20 32 31 32 20 - I cannot interpret
35 36 30 - The second nybble for these bytes are the mailbox (560)
30 30 - I cannot interpret
0D 0A 03 - The trailing bytes from[0d][0A][03]
01 - A final bytes that corresponds to "K"

I have looked at several traces for several mailboxes and I can always find the mailbox, not the extension. If I set the mailbox number equal to the extension, the message lamp goes on and off correctly.

My initial view was that the "X" from the "MXN" sequence is perhaps being used like the X in the "Transfer to" field. So I tried using "MFN", but this did not result in the extension being produced in the byte stream (even after stopvm.cmd and startvm.cmd).

I am interested in your offer for the string that I can put in the message delivery field to turn on the message lamps while serial integration is on. With serial integration off, I simply use ",*3,F" to turn the lamps on and ",#3,F" to turn them off.

You mentioned having a tech edit a file that would make the information come down the analog port instead of the serial link. I imagine that you are referring to the HOST=IB option in the VM.CFG file. I mentioned that in my previous post.

What would be perfect is a reference for the Comdial.Lnk file. I have the reference for Trans.Txt and VM.CFG. If anyone is aware of such a reference, I would be very appreciative.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,964 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024