Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Comdial no longer offers that utility.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
They also no longer support integration of their voicemail to switches other than currently-supported Comdial switches (according to what tech support told one of our techs the other day). That's what this board is here for! smile

Admin
Admin
I have only done it on store bought cards as the factory originals are trashed with CRC errors if they are failing in the field.

[Linked Image]
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
That's because the new verticle techs don't know the old equipment. It's the age old business plan, first we get rid of anyone who knows anything.

Are you not able to recover from the CRC errors simply by wiping and reloading?

Mark, the utility (the unavailable one) runs fine with my card reader and XP SP2 laptop.

Admin
Admin
Once the CRC errors show I can never get a successful reload. I just pop in a new 256 or 512 CF card.

[Linked Image]
Do CF2 cards work too, or are they a different animal?

Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Justin,
Is that utility on the ftp or somewhere that I can get it?
Dave,
I'm willing to try whatever you guys think has a chance, I will probably try another VM board at this site to see if it behaves better, then try to fix the original if it's the source of the problem.
I sure would like to make back up flash drives if possible, but that should probably not be posted here.
Mark

In response to Mark's original posting I have experienced a similar problem in the last four weeks. There are four customers that I know of that called me within a two day period complaining that callers left a message, they see a number on caller ID, and yet there are no messages. I dispatched techs. to each site and worked with tech support trying everything they know on a number of occassions and nothing has corrected the problem. Finally, I decided to replace the voicemail card and the same problem exists.

In the last ten days I was testing remotely calling into a customers site from an office in my home and found something odd. When calling from my line 2 where I have Verizon local and long distance the test fails and I get cut off at the sound of the voicemail beep prompting you to leave a message. However, from my line 1 where I have Verizon local and MCI long distance the test calls work every time and have never failed calling four sites where I'm having the problem.

I called Verizon and tested on line 1 and then the Verizon CSR switched my line 1 to all Verizon service and the voice mail failed when testing. She (Barbara from Verizon-a wonderful helpful woman) switched my service back to MCI and the tests all passed. I have worked with several Verizon representatives and they cannot find the problem or a solution. The problem we come up with after working with Vertical is that when the voice mail beeps after the greeting says leave a message at the sound of the tone, the tone is sending or causing the call to disconnect. We listened on the 66 block and after the beep the tech cannot hear me but yet the voice mail continues to record dead air.

At this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do to help solve the problem. Vertical tells me it's not their problem, Verizon is saying it's not their problem, and my customers (one being a law firm) are saying I sold them a system that is not compatible with Verizon's equipment. I do feel it's everyone's involved responsibilty and my customers have a point that Vertical should take ownership and resolve the issue.

I had one customer tell me I have a short window to solve the problem and if I don't he will buy another system from another manufacturer and if it works properly he will look to Vertical and East Coast Communications for a refund. And, he will look to help other business that have the same problem recover money paid. He also mentioned that each business has lost business due to the problem and there can be damages involved.---Now, how do I tell my customers it's not my problem? And, if another system from Norstar, etc is thrown up on the wall and works, we can say it's a Verizon issue all we want but that will be a tough sell to a judge when an attorney walks in and states he bought another system and it works fine.

If anyone else has had a similar problem, please PM me or post on the site. I would like to see if it's in an isolated area or widespread.

Any suggestions?

Yes, the voicemail continues to record dead air and shows a connection when viewing on a laptop. I called Mark K. last night after reading his posting and he has the same exact problem and it happens to be in Newtown Square, PA. I have a system with problems in Newtown Square, Media, Frazer, and Pheonixville, PA. All the same general area.

55 Years your PM box is full.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (newtecky, Carl Navarro, James D.), 121 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024