web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
WOW! I have my own horror stories to tell as well. But, in coming to this site, it was a way for me to try and relieve some of my frustration about the position that I am currently in. As well as, some of the confidence and self-doubt that I am experiencing as an AT&T Communication Technician.

Believe you me, I share your pain. Many times, if not before you, I have walked in your shoes. But, I would rather move on. In moving forward, it makes a statement to me and my former and current adversaries that I am still in the game.

History repeats itself. HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF! What you are feeling is a repeat of history. From, the best I can describe it is, 1920's to 80's era, and maybe even pre-20's. If you have been watching the stock market, you will notice this radical change also. Gas prices, housing, produce goods. History is repeating.

I am not a Marconi, Edison, Ford, Morgan, Bell, McCormick, Kroc, McGowan, Morse. Neither a Baudot nor Strowger or Nakao. I am just a technician who wants to learn the trade from a technical stand point of view.

There is absolutely NO way that I can change the past. But, I can write a new page in the book of life. I can also take that page from yesteryear and modify it. I can better it. I can even make the same mistakes if I choose too.

I do not want to make the same mistakes! I don't want to be bitter about any person nor company. That will only deteriorate me. I am looking for self-improvement not self-destruction. And with that said:

As a technician, can you expound on AIS AND equipment in YELLOW, whether it is from the technical stand point of view or the customer.

Sincerely,

Elsevier Lippencott

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Elsevier, you need more help than can be given on this board if you don't know what alarms mean. Yellow is the far end telling you it's not receiving a signal. AIS or red means the piece of equipment you are looking at is not receiving a signal. As far as changing the past, evidently it's also the present from what I'm gathering from your post. I hope you don't get in trouble for posting your questions here. Good luck and I hope you have a long and happy career.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Bill, so, what you are saying is that if I am the equipment at the A-end then the far end-Z will send me a yellow if it does not receive a signal from me (A). And my equiptment (A) will show AIS (Blue Alarm).

Yes. Your equipment (ncoe, alcatel, csu, DACS) will report an AIS (red, blue)if it is not receiving a signal, customer will proabaly report LOS. The customer equipment, PBX, channel bank whatever or the LEC or AT&T switch will put out a yellow if they are not receiving a signal, AIS, red, blue. Blue alarm has traditionally been referred to a LOS on a T3, but red and blue are both used and mean the same thing. ncoe's and alcatels do not put out a yellow.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Thank you Bill. I know that this must have been painstaking for you, but, believe me Bill, I do appreciate the time that you took to answer my question/s, as well as, the effort you took to relay your response to me in simplified layman's terms.

Again, I say thank you, Bill,

Elsevier Lippincott

I actually still work for at&t in Jersey.....Elsevier send me a Pm, let me know what office you are working in, I may be able to provide you with some additional info that can help you out.

As far as trianing, Take a look on the intranet for on line training you may be able to enroll in, some may require managment approval but they have some decent stuff. My best advice to you is ask a lot of questions and just try to work what ever is in front of you...I must admit I am lucky enough to have a few senior guys to help me out.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Anthonyh, I sent you a PM..Elsevier, complete your profile and I'll send the same to you.

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,326 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024