Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Well, here's today's update. XO was kind enough to reactivate their old circuit and put a test number on it. The customer moved the system back to the XO circuit and it worked perfectly!

They then contacted Verizon and had caller ID removed from their circuit and it worked perfectly.

This is so painfully obvious that it's a Verizon programming problem an has been since day one, yet they still refuse to tear out and rebuild the circuit.

The customer is now seriously considering going back to XO since they went above and beyond to help a customer, even one that's not their own anymore. I can't say that I blame them.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
That's impressive that XO would do that. I'm glad you've proven the problem and I hope the customer pays your bill.

Switch carrier, problem clears. Turn off CID, problem clears. It's still not our problem? Boy they must really have some whiz bang techs. Thanks for letting us know Ed.

Retired phone dude
It's a shame, but I can't blame them if they switch back to XO Communications either. Cheers to the XO folks for allowing a previous customer the ability to prove that this problem wasn't with their local Vodavi System. Calls dropping versus no CID is not an acceptable response from Verizon, and it shouldn't take them very long to tear down and rebuild their PRI.

Originally posted by justbill:
Sounds like Verizon is sending a disconnect when it inserts the data stream for CID.
You were right, Bill! :thumb: There is some type of corruption in the CID being sent from Verizon to this Vodavi System.

Wow...that is very impressive of XO, very impressive.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Mike, that was just a lucky guess. Like I said I don't hold a candle to the knowledge of PRI's as most of you do on this board. Got to get lucky once in awhile. Ed proved it when he had them turn CID off. You'd think that would have nailed it and they would have no problem pursuing THEIR trouble.

Retired phone dude
Bill, I see what you were saying. I thought you meant that a PRI sends the CID on the second ring, normally. I know you're a T-1 whiz and I was doubting myself, not trying to call you out.

-Larry

Hey Larry, I doubt myself. So no problem. My strength lies in 10 pin arms. laugh

Retired phone dude
I originally thought that the same "incoming calls" problem was occurring over either provider's PRI, hence a software problem at the Vodavi. Ed really pushed them in the right direction to isolate the problem directly at Verizon. This must be an extremely rare problem with CID over a PRI.

Admin
Admin
Have heard of issues where the delivery of name and number in a single packet vs. usuall dual packet structure can cause trouble.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,292 Shoretel
188,178 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, newtecky), 120 guests, and 93 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024