web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Still looking for that working channel bank for Asterisk. I have located an Adtran TotalAccess 850 and of course, it's another failure. The serial port only allows mw to get a login prompt, which never does anything and the ethernet port when plugged in the switch causes the activity light on the switch to go on and off, every couple of seconds. Is anyone familiar with this thing? Looks like I have another paperweight in my quest for FXS ports.

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I’m not sure what your back-story is on this one but an Adtran T/A 850 is one of the better IAD (integrated Access Devices) out there… It certainly can provide FXS functionality. If you difficulty is strictly logging into it call Adtran customer support. They’re always top-notch help.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
rotary,

I installed and service the TA850 for USLEC for a couple of years. First, you need a crossover if going to a switch from the ethernet port. Also, if you can email me at [email protected], I can try to help with the setup. It can be a bit tricky on the 850.

I will second that, Adtran is the best tech support out there..

Originally posted by rotary500:
Still looking for that working channel bank for Asterisk.
kind of beside the subject, but what are you using the channel bank for? i thought those have practically become obsolete, replaced by PBXs

Channel banks are still the cheapest way to get a lot of POTS lines out of an asterisk system.

Rotary: I use the zhone channel banks that I buy from a liquidator in texas. They are the Z-Plex 10b's. All I use them for is 24-ports of FXS that I then pass out for fax machines, cordless phones, door phones, SLT, etc etc. Caller ID works as well as all the other regular suspects.

OP Offline
It's just to feed an antique 1A2 system, and provide support for rotary phones. I am not looking for a production-class system, just something super-cheap for home use. I have two ADIT 600 chassis, 4 fxs cards, two tdm cards, a CMG router, quad T1 cards and a T1 Digium card in the Asterisk server. Also have that Adtran 850. I have found this stuff either myself of from a friend, but all of it has passwords or other problems. I am to the point of just shorting pins and clearing flash memory, and to hell with what happens. I like the idea of 20 or more extensions in one box, with pulse-dialing support. Hopefully there is a way to do this!

Have you read the abundant documentation on Adtran's site? It's not difficult to default the unit and they have a default username and password for nearly every Adtran box ever built.

OP Offline
I have read as much as I can- it's a possibility that there's just a wierd defect in the unit. I know that the ringer supply is messed up. Is there anywhere I can find a schematic for the power supply with signals or voltages at the test points?

To default the Adtran 850 router, If consoled in via Pinned out console cable (or DB9) on router card you should be able to hold down the "f" key it should ask you if you would like to set all settings to default. You also may want to check to verify which firmware you have on the unit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,334 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (C5Z, Keyset6), 164 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024