web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess it depends on your term but Either way I need 2. Senario, MUX to rj48c panel - booster of choice - 4551 feet - Receiver of choice - Adtran total access 624.

Attempted Adtran T1 CSU ACE doubled (they say can reach 5000 feet no problem). Senario, MUX to RJ48C panel - Ace netport in, cpe port out cross over cable to Ace cpe port in, Out Ace Net port - 4551 feet cross over cable to Adtran total access NO JOY Cable is clean 2400 26 guage.

I was and am considering ADC repeaters or Paradyne. I just dont feel like footing the bill to test something. I would prefer it just plain work. You guys have any thoughts.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I have not used this - but we did quote them to a customer that needed to extend a T1 about 2500-3000 feet on a rural peoperty. They had very good sales/application support (take that for what it's worth)

T1/E1 Extender

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
It's been a couple of years, but we used to use an STS shelf with a 3192-9P card to extend T-1 connections. Worked very well.

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
When a customer needs a t-1 extended further than 600 feet we use an Adtran htuc and a line powered htur. The Adtran number for the htur is 1247026L1. For the c-card I think it is 1247001L1 but Adtrans website does not have a job aid for that card so I can't be certain but, if you can wait until Tuesday I'll get the number off the card for you. You will also need two special services mountings one powered for the c-card and one not powered. Also if you go this route, you will need to provision the r-card to only respond to a r-card loopback command. It is set by default to respond to both a s.j. and r-card command but if you leave it set as both when/if the ckt ever needs to be tested remotely, then both the s.j. at the d-mark and the r-card will loop up and then when the command is sent to loopdown the s.j. only the s.j. at the d-mark will drop the loop, leaving the r-card still looped up and the customer oos.

WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
I just realized that I failed mentioning. The communications department on this facility will only allow external power. No line power. However Both you and Sam have my same thoughts in mind. For the life of me I cant see why they wont allow line powered but thats just how it is.

So far ADC is looking like my best bet but I would still like a few options. I am still looking at Paradyne aswell.

Keep'em coming fellas, you guys are the best in this field. Thanks for the replies

Before going with an extender/repeater..

It's just a thought, but what if the problem is not with the transmitted signal from the ACEs, but with the drive for the signal being transmitted from the TA624 back across the same 4551 feet?

Try leaving one ACE at the RJ48c panel, and move the other ACE & the crossover cable to the TA624.

WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
We attempted that first, I was thinking the same as you. The problem was that with one ace it could not push far enough for the second ace to talk. Loop back could not be achieved because of final distance as well. The Total access was tested at the MPOE and it was tested 10' from doubled ace's and all looped up fine with the correct cable.

The sum of the tests were one ace at each end, ace's doubled at MUX and ace's doubled at CPE. Tested the Total access at the MUX, after one ace and after both ace's near MUX.

Wire testing was continuity, polarity and attenuation/capacitance. All were within limits and or solid. Lines are clean for lack of a better term.

I can't blame you for certainly trying everything you can before having to consider extender/repeaters. Even though I've never used the "2 pack" that Tommy mentions, the fact that the setup only requires one copper pair, their being plug-and-play, and polarity sensitive certainly makes it a workable option.

Edited to add: Despite which repeaters/extenders are installed: Since the CSUs will be "outside" of the repeated/extended portion of the circuit; if you can, monitor that no devices are indicating that they are receiving CRC errors. The CRCs could indicate that the T1 signals are not being precisely regenerated by the repeater/extenders.

WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
Resolved: Hardware used, ADC CARS-51-3 desktop campus rs unit = 2, ADC CADS-1 DSX1/T1-768 module = 2 and a t1 crossover cable. Amazing enough every thing green'd up 30 seconds after power up. We are able to monitor signal and error reporting so thats a bonus.

Final note ADC has top notch tech support. Props to Dave over there if he reads here.

Thanks for all the input from you guys here. That phrase "dont leave home without it" has new meaning laugh

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024