web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Looks like you do only have a hardwire option, at least from what pictured. You've unplugged the telco side plug it back in and wire your cable to the 4 lugs provided. Looks like you have a wiring diagram on the lid of the NID.

EDIT: The Blue cable is yours is it not? The way you have it should work as long as your cable test good and is wired straight through and provided the phone company is giving you the receive on 1&2 and trans on 4&5 like they are suppose to.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In the first set of pictures that you show, the line card itself is visible. Is this the same line card you are using now? The reason I ask, that looks like an HDSL4 card, meaning that the physical span between you and the CO is not actually a T1. The T1 signal (more properly a DS1 or DSX1) is generated locally by that card itself. So this leads to more questions.. What is the actual connection at the CO end - is it a PRI with voice channels or is it a data (internet gateway) connection?

Jim
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.

OP Offline
I'm taking a picture of how its hard wired. Maybe I didn't do it right. The only way the hard wired cable worked was in the 3 and 6 pin for RX and TX 4 and 5. However if I hook up a different cable in that config it doesn't work. Here is the way I have it hooked up currently but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/Kamakzie/IMG_15131280x768.jpg

OP Offline
If ATT has RX on 3 and 6 could i put a connector on with the two oranges on 3 and 6 and leave them one and two on the other end?

Using the cable that was placed by the original installer from the NID (the metal box) to the Environmental Mounting for the DS1 (plastic box above metal box) reconnect the white/blue pair to the position labeled #1 and the white/green to the position labeled #2. This should get the H4TUR powered back-up. Then call your carrier and have them perform a BERT test to the r-card or if they can't have them contact AT&T and let them test it. If it test ok then replace your wire but from the looks of things it might be best if you let your carrier or AT&T do it.

OP Offline
Yeah, I found the direct cable I had didn't have the connectors crimped on so I used an already verified working cable to that port on the smart jack box but no dice. Oh well I'm done for the day. I'll see if my provider can connect a new cable when they come out Thursday. *sigh*. I'll hook it back up tomorrow. I guess intermittent is better than non-existent.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
These two photos don't look like the same NID!!

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/Kamakzie/P10106891280x768.jpg
https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/Kamakzie/IMG_15131280x768.jpg

Get it working at the NID with a brand new factory made Cat-5 plugged between the NID jack (the TOP one) and the IAD. Until you get that working, there is not need to mess around with your inside wiring.

OP Offline
It's the same NID. I just connected crap back the way whynot suggested and it works again with the old cable but still getting serious errors on the line in the Adtran. IAD? I tried a cat5 directly from the top jack on the small box and the Adtran and it didn't turn green it was red.

OP Offline
Tommy here is a pic of what I think you mean circled is where I think your saying I should connect the cat 5 ends?

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/Kamakzie/huh.jpg

Keep in mind the pic on the right is from the box on the bottom. The blue cable plugged into that top spot appears to go into the house but its not being used. I'll check again tomorrow. I'm beat. But if you can explain like I'm a toddler maybe I'll get it.

Those two NIDS do NOT look the same..
One has an 8 pin mod jack and the other has a 4 pin.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (aweaver), 170 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024