web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer that bought an Atlas 550 from somewhere, and we are needing to convert a PRI to T1 into a PBX. Software is C09.03.01. All calls are routed in and out of these ports. Incoming digits are 4, and the T1 needs to be wink wink.
I have sett up some of the config, but I am unsure os the dialing plan.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would question why they got a pri in the first place? Another thing I would want to know is what kind of pbx?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
leonardkryston, you can add 1 more problem in the middle. We are using an Asterisk to convert a PRI to a T1 (and vice-versa obviously) in 3 different locations. Of course that begs the question, as John said, if they needed a T1, why did they get a PRI? Or are you trying to connect two systems, and system A will only accept T1, while system B will only accept PRI? Oh yeah, remember to disable channel 24 in the T1. There are only 23 channels in a PRI.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
I am with you, but they did not ask us. They had an agent for AT+T sell them an IP flex which is IP to a cisco router, and they said it can only support PRI to the PBX. . I doubt this but that is the situation. The PBX only supports T1. So there is my dilemma. They bought an Atlas 550 and I am not comfortable with all the programming on the Atlas. The dial plan has me somewhat unsure.

Atlas 550...that's an Adtran. Their tech support is really top-notch. I'd give them a call.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
I did a similar setup and used this as a guide. This is not the same config that you have, but the document has a good description of how the dial plan is configured in the Atlas 550.

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,758 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024