web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
That's pricy. Here in Manitoba, Manitoba Telecom (MTS) is only charging $2.50 a month for their inside residential wire watch. There is a 24 month minimum plan subscription.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Instead of complaining, take advantage of the scare tactics that VZ has already used to get people fretting, and then step in and offer to sell the same service for 50% off. What works for them can work for you.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

my grandmothers house had two issues last year..she had IWM (i dont know why) first time..it was an old bridle pair that was coraded. "we can fix this the wiring has been tampered with"...ohh really....took my 10min to replace. Second time...and I will say the guy tried...static. NOw grandma lives in an old house so all the apartment jacks terminate to a splice point under one of the windows. instead of opening up the splice point to isolate he just starts swapping pairs..after two hours..could not fix it and was going to come back out. Anyway I opened up the splice point, clean dt. connected jack 1...clean..2 clean...3 static...traced out the line and found a bad splice, must have been done years ago by another vrz tech. any way replace the whole run. static cleared..total time spent 1 hour...ohh and 10 min to reqire alarm jack the vrz tech screwed up.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
. thats 7.99 you could put in a high interest savings account and dip in when there is a problem
Please tell me where that high interest account is. My retirement funds are taking a beating.

Originally posted by EV607797:
The problem that I see is that most of the Verizon technicians around here lack true troubleshooting skills. We had one who actually stopped by here yesterday to tell me that he's in over his head and wanted to know if we could do the repair for the customer. In his defense, he was working with a ComKey 416 system and he did do the right thing by knowing his limitations. He took the initiative to take our card, to call the customer and to arrange for us to go out there.

While I admire this guy for the extra effort that he made, the customer still has an inside wiring issue that they will end up paying us to fix. The inside wiring maintenance fee that they've been paying for on all of their lines for years won't likely be reimbursed.
Ed,

Would a wire maintenence plan actually cover a phone system of any kind?

Not doubting your knowledge, just trying to understand since I've never heard of anything like that in my neck of the woods...

"...Time moves slowly and it goes so fast..."

(Sandy Denny)
Normally no...but I have seen techs try and trace an extension back to a system block. they are not supposed to, but it gets done

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Arthur P. Bloom:
Instead of complaining, take advantage of the scare tactics that VZ has already used to get people fretting, and then step in and offer to sell the same service for 50% off. What works for them can work for you.
I'm not sure how you interpreted this as a complaint ....... it was just info i received that i thought was relevant to our industry and i wanted to share it.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Nothing new up here with that. Bell's been doing that for years. Last I knew it was $5/month for residential and forget what it was for business as I've only heard about that a couple of times.

For the residential, it usually got added to your account by a slick talking clerk when dealing with Bell and always gets cancelled after the client talks to me. (I don't offer residential MA's).

For business, probably the same, but it does NOT cover systems, just the inside wiring.

Of course, Bell is more than happy to offer a MA for the system, but I can undercut them any day if I get the chance! smile

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally posted by ajkula66:
Ed,

Would a wire maintenence plan actually cover a phone system of any kind?

Not doubting your knowledge, just trying to understand since I've never heard of anything like that in my neck of the woods...
Oh, I'm positive that inside wiring maintenance does not cover system issues. That would be financial suicide for Verizon. In this case, the VZ technician went above and beyond the normal scope of what is covered. He was doing what he thought was the right thing by going the extra few steps for the customer.

In this case, there is a good chance that this guy was still in diapers when the system was installed. I admire his effort though.

I'm sure that inside wiring maintenance was sold to this customer without Verizon having any idea that the customer has a system in place.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Originally posted by Deltron:
. thats 7.99 you could put in a high interest savings account and dip in when there is a problem
Please tell me where that high interest account is. My retirement funds are taking a beating.
we have the banks fighting up here in canadia, mine is paying 1.4% (yeah pretty low but the regular savings accounts are even lower, heck put it in a TFSA that way any interest earned is tax free (another canadian thing))

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 153 guests, and 368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024