web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I thought that there might be other posts that I could read to help me out but after reading a few about wireless, I got a little confused.

My customer has a 200 acre circular (almost) site with a house in the middle. Not any line of site issues.

I have done some residential wireless (single router wireless) but not anything that would need access points. One typical residential router won't cover the whole house. It is a large single story house. I will probably need a router and two access points ???. The 200 acres is flat and open with no line of site issues.

Does anyone know of a previous post that might get me started? Or can someone out there offer me some advice.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is he trying to just cover the house or the whole 200 acres?

OP Offline
He is trying to cover the house and about 5 acres on one side and 10-15 on the remaining sides. He might want to go out more. There is a spot about 1200 yards away that he might want covered. line of site is clear. The house is on a small slope and the spot is at a river below that you can see from the house.

OP Offline
In the future he might ask for the whole 200.
It wouldn't suprise me.

I've had good results with Engenius products.

OP Offline
I just looked at the Engenius products. They look pretty good. I could use two of the smoke alarm access points on each end of the house with the exterior wireless points placed outside. Any tips and/or pitfalls?
Thanks

to avoid having to pull power I would use a PoE switch or mid-span, that way one CAT5E has you covered for both the WAP and power.

OP Offline
Thanks, thats a good idea. Do PoE devices work as well as non Poe devices. Are there any drawbacks?

OP Offline
Thanks, thats a good idea. Do PoE devices work as well as non Poe devices. Are there any drawbacks?

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
The Engenius EAP3660 is a high powered access point that i've had very good success with. Ive had 1 3660 cover three floors in a hotel. Depending on the size of the house one centrally located AP may work. Now covering outside is a whole other challenge. Your not going to reach 1200 yards with an access point located at the house. You need to look at some of the 1watt equipment from Bountiful to get the most coverage outside. Is there any power by the river? If so you may be able to setup a wireless bridge and then an AP at the river. Yes POE equipment works just as well as having local power.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (nfcphoneman, Yoda, justbill, Toner), 122 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024