Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Danicka Patrick to NASCAR
#275256 07/11/06 03:50 AM
OP Offline
You think she is gonna be able to cope with the good old boys brand of bump and pass????

NEC search for systems, cards, phones, software, manuals and repairs!
Re: Danicka Patrick to NASCAR
#275257 07/11/06 04:52 AM
The girl has got game. And I'm hoping Michelle Wee makes the cut this weekend on the PGA Tour.

#275258 07/11/06 07:02 AM
At this point that’s only a rumor… I’m not sure it would be in her best interest to leave IRL now. She’s the biggest star there right now but although fairing well in several races, she has not had a butt-load of success there either. A move a little LATER after some more success with open-wheel racin’ would be a good move for her (more money and more exposure) and for good for NASCAR (hot chicks are always a crowd favorite! eek wink laugh )

If and when, Danica does make the move to NASCAR, I’ll think she’ll be all right IF, the Busch series or Craftsman Truck series is her first stop. Open wheel / down force cars that she has experience with are entirely different animals to wheel than stock cars. Stock cars are woolly pigs of machines to man-handle (or woman handle wink ) in comparison to what she has raced so far. If she gets rushed to premier NEXTEL Cup division right out of the gate, I’d expect her to fail all on her own account, not at the hands of the “good ol’ boys.” If she’s allowed the time to develop her skills and experience in the lower divisions in a stock car; I think she’d do just fine and wouldn’t really expect she’d be given any trouble for being a female… She wouldn’t even be the first female in stock car racing.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
#275259 07/11/06 07:15 AM
I agree with CnG.
She should try out the Busch or truck series first. She's a cute girl and can drive. I seriously doubt anyone would give her a hard time just because she's a girl. NASCAR is probably falling all over themselves to get her involved and would make it very clear to all the current drivers she is not to be harrassed. It's good for the sport to introduce a variety (so long as they can drive) of folks. I bet they, NASCAR, would love to also have a black driver in one of the series'.

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
#275260 07/11/06 07:33 AM
Originally posted by richardmorris:
...I bet they, NASCAR, would love to also have a black driver in one of the series'.
Bill Lester, a black man, has been running the Craftsman Truck series for several years now and done fairly well… Seemly without any problems.

Chase Austin, a young black teenager, has signed a delopment deal with Hendrick Motorsports'… This kid is pretty good and I’d expect to see him running competeivly at the top levels of NASCAR in the next five years or so.

-----------------------
Bryan
#275261 07/11/06 07:44 AM
Originally posted by CnGRacin:
Originally posted by richardmorris:
[b] ...I bet they, NASCAR, would love to also have a black driver in one of the series'.
Bill Lester, a black man, has been running the Craftsman Truck series for several years now and done fairly well… Seemly without any problems.

Chase Austin, a young black teenager, has signed a delopment deal with Hendrick Motorsports'… This kid is pretty good and I’d expect to see him running competeivly at the top levels of NASCAR in the next five years or so. [/b]
That's good news. Now we need a Mexican American in a car... Oh wait... what about this foreign fella that just announced (also from open wheel) that he would be driving sometime this season? Is he hispanic?

The marketing boys at NASCAR are genius'. (genius's?)

Richard

#275262 07/11/06 01:04 PM
There is a Mexican guy tryin’ to make the move into the Busch series… His name escapes me right now. He competed with ‘em down in Mexico last year when they take their annual trip down there to race a road course. He kicked butt! That was on a road course… not a typical go fast turn left track.

Juan Pablo Montoya is the guy you are thinkin’ about that will be making the move from F1 to NASCAR. Yeah he’s Hispanic… Columbian to be exact. I’m thinkin’ he have the same trouble making the transition from the ultimate in racing technology, A F1 CAR to a water-buffalo stock car… Man oh man, will that be going from one extreme to another! As good as he is, he WILL have trouble adjusting.

This may not be as big for NASCAR as people think… Getting Latinos interested and INVOLVED in racing is a different task than other cultural groups… Using much generalized reasoning on my part, I say they do not need any coaxing towards motorsports! They are ALREADY INTO motorsports… F’ing nuts about it, as a matter of fact! They just like the go fast turn left AND RIGHT kind of racing. Not the oval that we here in the US seem to gravitate to! South America, Central America and Mexico are hotbeds for road racing fans and some of the best road racers come from Brazil!

-----------------------
Bryan
#275263 07/11/06 02:40 PM
I'm imagining a NASCAR with a Mexican driver. Have to have a decal of Mary or a couple of roosters on the rear window.
Then how bout this. How many people would show up for races like Texas, Pheonix and California? Yikes!

Richard

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Most Recent 5 Post
Kari's Law and Basic Edition
by ffej010 - 07/04/20 07:10 PM
IP Office 500 vers. 9.0
by Telesystems - 07/03/20 05:27 PM
Merlin Legebd
by hitechcomm - 07/03/20 08:35 AM
SIP phone Interoperability
by Bushmills - 07/02/20 11:48 PM
Who's Online Now
21 members (ffej010, justbill, Curlycord, nortelvoip, Bob-o, aweaver, Professor Shadow, Ruben, jeffmoss26, Edward_, Yoda, newtecky, JBean3329, BobRobert, Silversam, Carl Navarro, gelehu, RM SYSTEMS, metelcom, dexman, John807), 92 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,795
Posts636,274
Members49,308
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
Dale C, dzuroff, Jevnick, legionosh, Redswine
Newest Members
Real Estating, ForestHillChurch, Rick95, Byron Stewart, chad1003
49307 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 26
dans 10
Ruben 9
Bluewater Sailing
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5256033
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2020
Trusted Partners