Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt
#275270 07/11/06 07:36 AM
OP Offline
Speaking of NASCAR...

Right up front, I'm a Jeff Gordon fan. When I started watching NASCAR about 5 years ago I didn't have a horse in the race. I had heard of Jeff Gordon and all I knew was that he had a won a bunch of races (Championships in fact) and that a lot folks didn't like him. Could never get a good answer as to why. All I could conclude is that he was not from the south and that he was successful. Neither one would be good reasons to dislike him.

So this past Sunday with 5 or so laps to go Jeff is following his buddy Matt Kennseth. Matt appears to let off the gas and Jeff gives Matt a little tap on the bumber, Matt goes spinin and JG goes on to win the race.

My response was "Oh Jeff, no." Not so much that Matt got spun as much as how it would be percieved.

Here's the thing. Jeff has probably been catching a lot of flack for the incident. BUT if Dale Earnhardt had done it he would have been, and appearantly was, applauded for such behaviour as being a tough race car driver. What was his name? The intimidator?

Granted I maybe talking about things I know little about so I welcome correction if needed.

Richard

Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
NEC search for systems, cards, phones, software, manuals and repairs!
Re: Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt
#275271 07/11/06 08:34 AM
Admin
Online Content
Admin
Rubbin' is racing. Kenseth would have run out of gas anyway.

[Linked Image]
#275272 07/11/06 09:36 AM
Back when Earnhart "bumped" someone out of the way they only lost a few spots. Now with the cars being so aero sensitive it doesn't take much to send someone to the wall.
I'm not defending anyone's driving habits or picking sides as to who is at fault, its just the way the racing is now. smile

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
#275273 07/11/06 09:38 AM
Oh, and by the way don't look at the sticker in my garage the reads "Anybody but Gordon"!

#275274 07/11/06 11:12 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by DayTech:
Oh, and by the way don't look at the sticker in my garage the reads "Anybody but Gordon"!
smile
BTW my second favorite driver is Jimmy Johnson....

I'm goin with:
Anybody But Stewart
or
Anybody But Bush (Kurt or Kyle)

Richard

#275275 07/11/06 11:29 AM
I have got to agree with the Anybody but Busch also! I was glad to see him leave Roush Racing. I thought that it was a pretty good slap in the face the Roush wouldn't reuse the #97 that Kurt used. He gave Jamie McMurry a new number. I would have liked to see Jamie perform better this year though. frown
In all honesty they are all great drivers or they wouldn't be in the cup races. It all comes down to the personalities that you relate with as to who you cheer for. cool

#275276 07/11/06 12:36 PM
I’ll tell you why I don’t like Gordon… He didn’t come by his success the hard way.

All the racers I know (myself included) give up a big chunk of their lives to dedicate to racing! I’m not talkin’ ‘bout the “fun stuff!” The fun stuff that happens at the track that everyone gets to see… I’m talking about the afternoons, evening and sometimes ridicoulsley late nights wrenchin’ on the racecar. Performing the never ending maintenance that racecars demand… Cutting the chassis all a part and putting it back together after a crash in less than one week… Swapping engines in one afternoon after the lose of the primary. And occasionally getting the opportunity to do some work to that makes the car FASTER! … and mind you most of us pay for a large percentage of this stuff out of our own pocket.

Ol’ Jeffy baby didn’t get the pleasure of doing much of this stuff. Things were handed to him and what I’d say was a spoiled brat kind of way. Still to this day… after all these years of racing for a living, with all that success he’s had, he’ll open his mouth to comment on his car for an interview or to his team over the radio and say something that proves he stills knows NOTHING AT ALL about how a racecar goes fast or how it turns left.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
#275277 07/11/06 02:48 PM
OP Offline
CnG
All your complaints are duly noted. However, how many championships does he have?

He knows something about how it turns left. Ok, maybe he didn't bust his knuckles crankin on bolts. He took advantage of the path that was available to him. And he's a winner.

Richard

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Most Recent 5 Post
ESI 900
by TheGreatMiah - 07/06/20 05:07 PM
Kari's Law and Basic Edition
by ffej010 - 07/04/20 07:10 PM
IP Office 500 vers. 9.0
by Telesystems - 07/03/20 05:27 PM
Who's Online Now
37 members (nortelvoip, Curlycord, Telesystems, hbiss, RATHER BE FISHING, Mercenary Roadie, Carl Navarro, Yoda, Bob-o, bdunne, dexman, dukane123, BobRobert, Touch Tone Tommy, DaleG, justbill, NTlayoff, pvj, Arthur P. Bloom, JBean3329, Meyery2k, andyphones, Silversam, Bob3470, Professor Shadow, iatech3800, nfcphoneman, dans, Shelbyrich, TheGreatMiah, Bushmills, Ironhedz, newtecky, KRRath, Memphisribs, nonameyet, Real Estating), 511 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,798
Posts636,285
Members49,309
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
michael simpson, Wayne D.
Newest Members
jlspeck, Real Estating, ForestHillChurch, Rick95, Byron Stewart
49308 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 23
dans 10
Ruben 9
Bluewater Sailing
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5256033
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2020
Trusted Partners