Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OT: On-line Dating Service / Web-Sites advice
#275586 07/20/06 03:26 PM
OP Offline
Okay guys and gals… I’ve just found myself single again. That gives me BOTH a yee-haw and a boo-hoo feeling at the same time! :toothy: frown I foresee in the very near future looking into an online personals web-site or two in search of female companionship.

So give up the advice here folks….
Who has used them in the past and what did you think of ‘em?
What are the best and worst sites out there?
What are some the unknown pro’s and con’s to on-line dating services?
Anyone have horror stories?
Anyone REALLY meet “the one?”

Thanks in advance for any info… This will be completely new territory for me if I give one of these sites a try!
eek

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
NEC search for systems, cards, phones, software, manuals and repairs!
Re: OT: On-line Dating Service / Web-Sites advice
#275587 07/20/06 04:23 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Bryan
Your just racing the wrong curcuit. You need the Hooter Pro Cup series, lots of lovely ladies and wings arn't bad either.

#275588 07/20/06 05:10 PM
Bryan,

I admit it, I have used them in the past. First of all, you put in a photo and write up a bio. Then search for people by various queries such as age and zip code. Then start searching away. Some sites will let you "wink" at people for free but none of them will let you interact with other members without paying the monthly dues such as 20-30.00 per month. Match.com and Date.com have lots of members. It's an interesting way to meet people in your area but there are drawbacks.

1st and Foremost.... you cannot determine "chemistry" this way. So you email and chat on the phone but when you meet in person you may be disappointed that this person isn't who you expected. Whereas if you meet someone by chance on the street, you know right away and learn the rest later. Goes both ways of being good and bad. If you meet someone and you want to stop receiving winks or messages you can "hide" your bio/photo and then restart again.

I won't use this method again just because of the "chemistry" issue. I also had one guy who became a stalker and wouldn't leave me alone. On the other hand, I met a guy who he and I became very good friends and we always will be but without the extras (Just wasn't there for us).

I know a couple who went through "Renassance" or something like that. It was like 200.00 to join and they married 16 months later and are now expecting baby #1.

Good luck with your search. Neither side of the fence is easy but you just never know who you might meet. welcome to the single life...

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
#275589 07/21/06 01:15 PM
OP Offline
SSPhone,
Man I tell ya what… What an awesome cross-marketing match up is USAR and Hooters. Stock cars and… and… and… uh… (What are they known for?) Eh… oh yeah, hot-wings! wink Hot wings and stock cars are just made to go together! There are two problems with me tryin’ to run that series. First, I live by the racing motto “Dirt’s for Racin’ Asphalt is for gettin’ there!” Second problem is FUNDING! eek My paycheck is my biggest sponsor right now and Telco provisioning engineering ain’t payin’ that kind of money!

Rhonda,
Thanks so much for your advice and sharing your thoughts. smile Some sort of “stalker” problem was something I was already a bit worried about. Sorry, to hear you had that sort of trouble.

Anyone else? … C’mon fess up ya’ll. Give me the scoop. help

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Most Recent 5 Post
ESI 900
by TheGreatMiah - 07/06/20 05:07 PM
Kari's Law and Basic Edition
by ffej010 - 07/04/20 07:10 PM
IP Office 500 vers. 9.0
by Telesystems - 07/03/20 05:27 PM
Who's Online Now
38 members (Curlycord, nortelvoip, Telesystems, hbiss, RATHER BE FISHING, Mercenary Roadie, Carl Navarro, Yoda, Bob-o, bdunne, dexman, dukane123, BobRobert, Touch Tone Tommy, DaleG, justbill, NTlayoff, pvj, Arthur P. Bloom, JBean3329, Meyery2k, andyphones, Silversam, Bob3470, Professor Shadow, iatech3800, nfcphoneman, dans, Shelbyrich, TheGreatMiah, Bushmills, Ironhedz, newtecky, KRRath, Memphisribs, nonameyet, Real Estating, Edward_), 528 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,798
Posts636,285
Members49,309
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
michael simpson, Wayne D.
Newest Members
jlspeck, Real Estating, ForestHillChurch, Rick95, Byron Stewart
49308 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 23
dans 10
Ruben 9
Bluewater Sailing
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5256033
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2020
Trusted Partners