web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27929 09/23/02 01:11 AM
OP Offline
Is there a way to program "common" intercom numbers on a several DXP telephones? The situation is we have voice mail answering as an auto attendant for all incoming calls. When the caller selects a particular option from the auto attendant tree we want all phones in a particular area to ring at the same time. We anticipate we will need more than one appearance of the intercom numbers so that the calls will hunt down.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#27930 09/23/02 04:09 AM
Under Station options in VMMI, open up station hunting.

You'll need to create a hunt group using a "intercom" number that is not used already.

Once the group is created, add the extensions that you wish to ring, then go back to the main station hunting options page and enable the hunt type. I think it can hunt from one station to the next, or ring all. You'll probably want to program an overflow extension and time to make sure the call is covered.

Another option is to use the ACD/or Customer Service features of your voice mail if you have the Comdial/Keyvoice voice mail system.

The help files in VMMI are pretty good about explaining station hunting.

Good luck.
Chris

Chris Brown
#27931 09/24/02 11:33 PM
OP Offline
I need some further clarifications regarding programming group intercoms in the DXP Plus. We have five phones that I have placed the appearance of the group intercom on. We need to have a minimum of busies on the group intercom. What is the exact procedure to program the group intercom or existing stations into the group intercom so that it will hunt? Thanks

#27932 09/25/02 07:10 AM
I really don't use the group intercoms for hunting. Every station has its intercom number that it is assigned. We use three digit intercom numbers. Each station is also assigned two group intercoms, which are four digits. So extension 101 will also have group intercom 3101 and 4101 assigned to it for hunting and buttons are mapped for the two group intercoms.

Station hunting is a sub "tree" under the station programming tree in VMMI. Station hunting is how I handle multiple ringing or hunting.

Chris Brown

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,758 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,191 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (RM SYSTEMS, JBean3329, Carl Navarro), 115 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024