Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it.

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
EMERGENCY; The Emergency number worldwide for mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number ( 112 ) can be dialed even if the keypad is locked.

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Thanks for the info. DJG...that's interesting to know. Coincidentally, recently I've been in a few 'no coverage' areas (no bars)...and my cell phone displays "Emergency only" ...which confused me of course. Now I know. :thumb:

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Have you locked your keys in your car ? Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone; If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors or the trunk.

Admin
Admin
I think someone is pulling your leg.

https://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

[Linked Image]
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Hidden battery power; Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# your cell will restart with this " hidden " reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell the next time.

DJG, Check the snopes site Dave listed. This BS email has been going around for a year.

It's on the internet, it must be true.

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone ? To check your mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your cell phone: *#06# a 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone gets stolen or lost, you can phone your service provider and give them this 15 digit code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can"t use or sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones. Which sometimes it"s our life line.

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls, when they don't have to. Most of us don't carry a telephone directory in our trucks, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800)FREE411, or (800)373-3411 without incurring any charges at all. Program this into your cell phone now. You can use this on any phone.

The 112 part is true..to an extent. As well as dialing 911 ... I would expect the 911...but honestly didn't know about that either until tonight due to an inquiry I just made. Also, the FREE 411 is also true/accurate.. as it applies to my provider.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,740
Posts636,416
Members49,619
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
ebernhard, gman1205, Herb Parsons, jdews, nextlevel, ROGER IN FLA
Newest Members
blentz, RockyTop, Homer Domer, Lane, AMS Technology C
49,619 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 6
blentz 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022