Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jimmyv Offline OP
OP Offline
With Bill’s thread on protecting phone companies from lawsuits pertaining to government wiretapping… this raises some concerns with me. First the called party may not know that they are being “eavesdropped” on. Second, if they connect to a land line or mobile phone, isn’t that wire tapping (in some states and Canada)?
AP News

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
KLD Offline
On the flip side, just say "BOMB-BOMB-BOMB" during every call and you'll soon find out IF you are being "tapped".

laugh

Ken
---------
Some of you may find the link below interesting. Electronic surveillance being done with no physical connection to the customer’s line.

https://www.askcalea.org/

In 2002 & 2003 I was involved in setting up our 5ESS switches for CALEA. There was a rush to reach the required switch generic. We had to install the needed hardware for two ports in the switch’s IOP. Even though we had done provisioning of similar circuits in the past, we weren’t allowed to provision the packs in software and we were not allowed to review the provisioning after it was completed. Everything was password protected.

Gary
The advertising market has gone way out of control.

Funny how they don't care how much they annoy and aggrevate you. Only because it works. I make it a point to try not to buy products of companies with overly aggressive advertising techniques.

Although that is kinda cool, who wants more commercials?

Originally posted by Telradmaniac:
Funny how they don't care how much they annoy and aggrevate you. Only because it works. I make it a point to try not to buy products of companies with overly aggressive advertising techniques.
Isn't that interesting though. We all say we're annoyed by commercials, but they do work most of the time, otherwise companies wouldn't spend billions of dollars on advertising.

The commercials I really hate are the car dealerships that feel the need to yell at me and have lots of bizarre delay effects on the voice over. What's up with that? Is there some market research that says car buyers respond to echo on the guys voice? And don't get me started on the truck pull coming up in a month... "Sunday, SUNday SUNDAY!! ay ay ay ay, at the Neshoba County fairgrounds!"
I'm with you Telradmaniac. I avoid advertisers who make the annoying commericals.

To the topic. All that free VoIP stuff has to be paid for some way.

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
I just saw an ad today on The Weather Channel for a phone that uses voice recognition to provide a tele-type like experience for the hearing-impaired. Not the deaf, exactly, unless the person was still able to talk well, but the commercial showed a grandfather talking to his grandchild, with all the words the kid said showing up on his telephone screen, in nice big letters with high-contrast. No special service required.

Rob Cashman
Customer Support Engineer

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Most Recent 5 Post
Samsung pro star dcs
by bditech - 03/07/21 01:00 AM
Samsung DCS power failure
by Telesystems - 03/06/21 09:55 PM
Samsung pro star dcs
by bditech - 03/06/21 05:09 PM
Old Equipment Plan
by MarkAtLMFJ - 03/05/21 04:41 PM
OS 7400 OAS
by John807 - 03/05/21 04:21 PM
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums95
Topics94,290
Posts639,134
Members49,425
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
Ken 1959, NEC Tech, patspidy, Skate4u
Newest Members
Sam Juniper, B Ledford, Jonie4, James Wright, TechnoloJay
49,425 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 33
Ruben 27
pvj 13
Linked Banner to your Product or Website
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
30 members (Allied Telcom, bditech, Tech2014, Coral Tech, RonP, justbill, vicbob, Ruben, RATHER BE FISHING, Silversam, FoneJacker, Canteleco, Touch Tone Tommy, KRRath, High Mesa Communications, dexman, nfcphoneman, Iwatsu Guru, hitechcomm, jknichols, Yoda, BTS01, OBT, kevinoffsite, BobRobert, metelcom, MooreTel, morephones, nortelvoip, pvj), 355 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Custom Island 58
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners