web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
We should get this all under one thread.
Most of the sites with one PC have been upgraded to two PC's by Comdial in 1999 and 2000. I have seen this problem when the pc was an HP vectra and the harddrive was divided into C,D, and E drives. Why yours is taking this long to act up I don't know. Do you have two dongel's on the parallel port or one dongel only.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Just one dongle on the parallel port. The installation was done in august 1999. It only has one computer with TWO hard drive but only one hard drive has all the software hard drive 1 has windows 95.

Well just for your info, good old Cometdial has dropped the Concierge system this past month.

It looks like your concierge system was made up from a dealer. The Concierge systems shipped from Comdial since late 1999 were always 2 seperate PC's as they had way too many problems with trying to do it all with one.

If you can find a Comdial dealer in your area that will work with you, have them upgrade the Concierge software to 4B(It is the last revision Comdial made) and have the Voice mail (Dialogic/Rhetorex voice boards and the Keyvoice software) put in another PC.

The biggest problem you are going to have is getting a new hardware key for the Voice mail PC (Maybe the dealer can plead with Comdial and get you a key, but I would bet it wont be for free).

You can run the 4B Concierge software on a newer Win 2K machine, but hopefully you can find a motherboard that has an ISA slot on it to handle the Digi ISA serial board.

If you use a Newer PC that has only PCI slots you can replace the DIGI board with a PCI Digi board, but again costs are involved.

DJ

I will be easier to get a concierge key and leave the present key on the voicemail PC.
We have one site still running on one PC and using 4b software. You can use 4b on your present system. We can also handle the upgrades. I still question the ivpc board on the concierge system. I think a dealer may have done that to get a few more IST ports for room phones. It would be better to put 8101 Comdial phones in the rooms using digital ports. E-mail me if you want us to upgrade your site.

CMDL_GUY,

Indiman has an analog dialogic card. He has joined this thread midstream.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigkayeh:
CMDL_GUY,

Indiman has an analog dialogic card. He has joined this thread midstream.
</font>

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it

Currently the system has a impact concierge software version of 4B, with on dongle. If removed concierge system gives an error message stating "security key missing". With the dongle the keyvoice system goes into demo mode.

Question, this system was working with one dongle before with me splitting it I would have to purchase a new dongle for the key voice system to be placed on a new computer. Was there such a thing that one dongle handled both impact concierge and key voice system. Because the previous vendor DataVox in houston, tx indicated the dongle was bad. If so then why does the same dongle work for concierge system.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024